Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Trick or treat: Sam and Jayces Party

Sam Recaro (played anonymously)

Sam and Jayce had decided this year to throw a party/backyard fair instead of the normal haunted house, setting up hundreds of dollars worth of decorations. Everything from Bats to fake graves were around their house, decorated to look like a graveyard. Sam printed out flyers and handed them out pretty much all day while Jayce blasted it on every social media he had access to, all saying the party started at 6 and there was food drink and games.

When Sam got back he set up the dart board and cleaned out the pool, grabbing the giant bucket and filling it with water. He poured two bags of apples in for bobbing for apples, smiling. “There’s two games down, another one to go” he got the wheel of terror set up, writing several things. “There we go”

While Sam was getting the games set up Jayce was cooking, baking all sorts of cookie and cakes. He decorated each with little ghost, zombies, gravestones, Frankenstein’s monster and many more things. He smiled at his work, taking the tray of cookies out to the table, smacking Sams butt as he walked by. He laughed as he ran inside.

They both continued working until 1730 (military times) before going to get into there costumes, Sam being the Hulk and Jayce being Batman. Sam waited in the living room for there first guest while Jayce went outside.

Games:

Darts- roll 5 dice with 20 sides. 5-20 points: Candy bag 11-30: Plush pumpkin 31-50: plush pumpkin and candy bag 51-60: All above prizes and Plush witch animal of your choosing 61-80: all above and a cauldron 81-100: all above and Goldfish

Apple bobbing- roll 1 dice with 6 sides- 1: Candy of your choice 2: Candy bag 3: Plush of your choice 4: Cauldron of Candy 5: Two prizes of your picking 6: Goldfish

Wheel of terror- roll 1 dice with 8 sides- 1: Jump in the pool 2: Get a plush 3: Get a bowl of punch on your head 4: Get a cauldron of Candy 5: ice down the back 6: Get a goldfish 7: random dare from Sam 8: Random dare from Jayce

rolled 1d20 and got 18
Example for Darts

rolled 1d6 and got 6
Example for apple bobbing

rolled 1d10 and got 1
Wheel of terror

Hanley (played anonymously)

Stepping from the cab into the cool evening air, Hanley breathed deeply the smell of autumn and excitement. Crisp leaves, crisp air, pumpkin and spice and chocolate... The officer grinned and zipped her jacket a little higher. She would be picking up a group of children whose parents worked off planet at this time, and couldn't get a reliable sitter.
Nodding to the cab driver, Hanley pocketed her hands and walked down the street. The bus stop was half a block away, but she'd rather walk for a few minutes than wait, still, in the wind.
Keep the blood pumping a little so I don't turn into that, she thought wryly, as a "mummy" clambered stiffly across its yard.
A cup of something hot would be in order, before they started off anywhere.

There were a few yards of note, she decided, that they would definitely go to shortly. Beautiful decor, no decorations to trip over, large buckets of candy. Probably chocolate, too.

Hanley reached the bus stop a few minutes before the bus did; she checked her purse, adjusted her jacket's zipper, and let the wind brush through her hair once nore before tapping the hat smartly on top.
She braced for the mob.
A group of children and teens between 6 and 17 crowded out of the bus, helping each other down the steps and tweaking ears and picking up dropped wands.
"Hey, guys!" Hanley said cheerily. "Awesome costumes this year. Everyone got your WOBs?"
The group raised their wrists in unison, where the Watch-Out Bracelets gleamed silver and blue.
"Alright," Hanley started, then paused. "Now... Sync!"
Having pressed the button on her own device and checked the registration, Hanley continued with the group chatting behind her. The officer's device was calibrated so that if any children strayed too far, she would be readily alerted.
"So, Camara, how was your holiday with your aunts? Yeah, yeah, I know. Newlyweds, right? Bleeeh. Okay, well, I hope they got my card. Ev, Bri, get your tails out of your mouths. I think one of these houses had some games, so we're gonna go there, okay? There's a cider stand right down the street so we'll stop there too. Hey, Li-li, we're going right to the nice yard with the superhero guys, okay?"

The group squealed and laughed at the decorations; some of them were animatronic, and some lit up and made noise. The webs looked very authentic, and the smell of candy and apples drifted across the yard with cheery music.

"Hey, guys! Sam, Jayce. Long time no see, and your party looks amazing. Happy Halloween, huh? I'll be helping the little kids with the games, but the setup is fantastic. Artists, both of you, artists! Okay, I'll get out of your hair. Those cookies look boss."

Hanley ushered the children toward some of the less crowded games, and made light conversation while "helping" one of the littlest play darts.
"I love your jacket, kiddo. Winchester?"
The tween bobbed their pink-haired head, popping their gum and a "yep".

Hanley threw the dart and cheered. This was going to be fun.

rolled 5d20 and got 48

Sam Recaro (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Hanley wrote:
Replying
Stepping from the cab into the cool evening air, Hanley breathed deeply the smell of autumn and excitement. Crisp leaves, crisp air, pumpkin and spice and chocolate... The officer grinned and zipped her jacket a little higher. She would be picking up a group of children whose parents worked off planet at this time, and couldn't get a reliable sitter.
Nodding to the cab driver, Hanley pocketed her hands and walked down the street. The bus stop was half a block away, but she'd rather walk for a few minutes than wait, still, in the wind.
Keep the blood pumping a little so I don't turn into that, she thought wryly, as a "mummy" clambered stiffly across its yard.
A cup of something hot would be in order, before they started off anywhere.

There were a few yards of note, she decided, that they would definitely go to shortly. Beautiful decor, no decorations to trip over, large buckets of candy. Probably chocolate, too.

Hanley reached the bus stop a few minutes before the bus did; she checked her purse, adjusted her jacket's zipper, and let the wind brush through her hair once nore before tapping the hat smartly on top.
She braced for the mob.
A group of children and teens between 6 and 17 crowded out of the bus, helping each other down the steps and tweaking ears and picking up dropped wands.
"Hey, guys!" Hanley said cheerily. "Awesome costumes this year. Everyone got your WOBs?"
The group raised their wrists in unison, where the Watch-Out Bracelets gleamed silver and blue.
"Alright," Hanley started, then paused. "Now... Sync!"
Having pressed the button on her own device and checked the registration, Hanley continued with the group chatting behind her. The officer's device was calibrated so that if any children strayed too far, she would be readily alerted.
"So, Camara, how was your holiday with your aunts? Yeah, yeah, I know. Newlyweds, right? Bleeeh. Okay, well, I hope they got my card. Ev, Bri, get your tails out of your mouths. I think one of these houses had some games, so we're gonna go there, okay? There's a cider stand right down the street so we'll stop there too. Hey, Li-li, we're going right to the nice yard with the superhero guys, okay?"

The group squealed and laughed at the decorations; some of them were animatronic, and some lit up and made noise. The webs looked very authentic, and the smell of candy and apples drifted across the yard with cheery music.

"Hey, guys! Sam, Jayce. Long time no see, and your party looks amazing. Happy Halloween, huh? I'll be helping the little kids with the games, but the setup is fantastic. Artists, both of you, artists! Okay, I'll get out of your hair. Those cookies look boss."

Hanley ushered the children toward some of the less crowded games, and made light conversation while "helping" one of the littlest play darts.
"I love your jacket, kiddo. Winchester?"
The tween bobbed their pink-haired head, popping their gum and a "yep".

Hanley threw the dart and cheered. This was going to be fun.

Sam smiled, letting out a small yelp as Jayce pushed him into the pool. "Jayce.... you better run" he said, shaking off some as he got out.

Jayce laughed, running inside and grabbing a fake sword he stood by the backdoor. "TRY ME!" he pointed the sword at Sam.

Sam just laughed, walking over and scooping Jayce up. He laid Jayce over his shoulder and walked to the pool, dropping him in. He smiled as he saw the darts score, grabbing a pumpkin and a candy bag he handed it to Hanley. "Here ya go, I'm handing you the candy so that no one has a sugar rush worse then from Jayces cookies."

A few of the children squealed with laughter. Hanley looked over to see a few puddles soaking into the lawn, and the rowdier kids making monster noises as more water splashed out of the apple-bobbing bucket. She smiled- it was nice to be on terra firma with plenty of games and wholesome fun.
Smiling at the host, she took the bag and pumpkin gratefully.
"Thanks," she said. "Those really are sugar bombs, aren't they? I could only handle two of them after the cider." Hanley put the pumpkin plush and the candy into her spacious purse. Zipping it closed, she patted it and turned back to Sam. "Is it a family recipe? They're really good. I do a little baking myself, here and there, but it's kinda rare to find home-bakers with good quality recipes like this."

Hanley wrote:
Replying
few of the children squealed with laughter. Hanley looked over to see a few puddles soaking into the lawn, and the rowdier kids making monster noises as more water splashed out of the apple-bobbing bucket. She smiled- it was nice to be on terra firma with plenty of games and wholesome fun.
Smiling at the host, she took the bag and pumpkin gratefully.
"Thanks," she said. "Those really are sugar bombs, aren't they? I could only handle two of them after the cider." Hanley put the pumpkin plush and the candy into her spacious purse. Zipping it closed, she patted it and turned back to Sam. "Is it a family recipe? They're really good. I do a little baking myself, here and there, but it's kinda rare to find home-bakers with good quality recipes like this."

"Its Jayce what do you expect?" He smiled, watching Jayce goof off with some kids. "He always has to make things sweet, cause I make things bitter for choosing fruit over candy sometimes" he chuckled.

Jayce was just being himself as he ran around. "TO THE BATMOBILE!" he yelled as he sprinted to the garage.

Hanley laughed. "So you're the apples-and-raisins at Halloween type, huh? Who would have guessed? I guess that explains the bobbing game... Haha!"
A few of the kids strayed toward the cookie and cakes tables, giggling and talking about the black cat figurines.
"Hey, you guys," Hanley called, "Don't forget we've got candy too, okay?"
The children shouted back agreeably, grabbed a couple of glittery, colorful cupcakes, and dashed away.
Two or three children were playing Wheel of Terror, and whining at the results.
One of the older teenagers was talking to a boy dressed as a vampire. Hanley narrowed her eyes in babysitter's mock-suspicion. The girl grinned back, and continued talking to the other teenager.
"I'm kind of surprised there aren't more people here," Hanley said to Sam. "The decorations look really good, so do you think they're just going to come along later?"
It wasn't fully night yet. The music was still playing cheerfully, and some of the children were sitting on the ground playing some kind of card game.
Hanley would make sure to check on them all soon.

Hanley wrote:
responding
Hanley laughed. "So you're the apples-and-raisins at Halloween type, huh? Who would have guessed? I guess that explains the bobbing game... Haha!"
A few of the kids strayed toward the cookie and cakes tables, giggling and talking about the black cat figurines.
"Hey, you guys," Hanley called, "Don't forget we've got candy too, okay?"
The children shouted back agreeably, grabbed a couple of glittery, colorful cupcakes, and dashed away.
Two or three children were playing Wheel of Terror, and whining at the results.
One of the older teenagers was talking to a boy dressed as a vampire. Hanley narrowed her eyes in babysitter's mock-suspicion. The girl grinned back, and continued talking to the other teenager.
"I'm kind of surprised there aren't more people here," Hanley said to Sam. "The decorations look really good, so do you think they're just going to come along later?"
It wasn't fully night yet. The music was still playing cheerfully, and some of the children were sitting on the ground playing some kind of card game.
Hanley would make sure to check on them all soon.

"No not necessarily, I just would make sure they are healthier then handing them a pound of sugar and saying here have fun" Sam watched Jayce come out of the garage on Sam's dirt bike.

"Sammy, I'm gonna ride your bike!" Jayce yelled, smiling. "Without your helmet cause that dont fit me.... you got a large head"

"Dont get hurt, if you do then I may just go crazy" Sam yelled back, grabbing Jayces helmet from the corner where Jayce hid it and tossed it to him.

"Well, Hulk, I gotta get going," the officer smiled. "These kiddos have some portals to travel, and a music event to get to. We'll see you sometime, okay?"
Hanley whistled a few bars of a tune, and then pressed a button on her bracelet. Rainbow lights flashed and it made a little yodeling noise. The children groaned.
"Thanks, you guys! Kids, say thank you to the nice superheroes." Hanley waved to Jayce, who was still hamming it up with the children.
The children repeated it back, giddy with fun; the teenagers rolled their eyes and smiled and repeated the instructions verbatim. Hanley checked the bracelet sync, and hoisted her purse instead of waving, as there was a child attached to her other hand. "You guys have been awesome, okay? This party was the best party a hero could ask for!"
They all chorused, "Happy Halloween!" as they left, one or two unzipping hoverboards from cases, and the girl from earlier waving to her vampire friend. They had <i>totally</i> exchanged data waves. Hanley whistled her theme and the little group walked off into the evening, the smell of pumpkin and spice swirling around them.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Trick or treat: Sam and Jayces Party

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus