Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Warning limits

M'kay, so what I wanted to ask you all was if there is a limit to how much of a certain problematic thing ((Sexuality, violence and/or language)) you can put on a character page after you label it with the right warnings? It seems a little odd for that to be the case if you label it properly, but it also doesn't seem fair to just make it entirely someones fault and problem if they autopilot through the warning screen... Or maybe it makes complete sense, I'm certainly not known for my intelligence. Either way, I thought it best to ask just in case, because I was planning on adding another joke character to my side character list but their description has f-bombs left and right. So, do any of you guys know?
Rogue-Scribe

RfTYgVE.jpg

I think people have to take some responsibility to know what the warnings are there for and heed them. I know when one is not logged in and goes to a character page with the warnings they get a cover screen that they have to either click 'Awesome' or 'Yuck'.

I have a few characters with 'excesses' and It is one thing I appreciate RPR for in allowing freedom of expression on properly flagged character pages.
Sanne Moderator

The warning tags exist to help people make an informed decision on what may lay behind the warning. F-bombs hidden behind a language warning are fine, because our rules clearly state that f-bombs are allowed behind language warnings. Sexual content and nudity belong behind a sexuality warning, and excessive violence goes behind a violence warning. We do expect our members to be aware of the rules and customize their settings, which by default are set to warn you of everything, to suit their comfort levels. It's a person's own responsibility to read the text before they click to proceed, because we can't really physically force anyone to read it properly (and we shouldn't!). We trust that people who are capable of navigating and using the site have the ability to understand the text and consent to seeing the content they're warned of.

Some content never belongs on RPR, but this is also outlined in our rules. Illegal content or harassment for example don't belong here at all, even if there are warning tags. If you're unsure about whether or not the content you want to post is okay, you can always check in with the moderators. :)

You are on: Forums » Help » Warning limits

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus