Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Fantasy/Modern mix (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

The prophecy for the end of the world has been discovered, and it's up to us to help prevent that.

This will contain magic, demons, Gods and Goddesses, minor swearing, minor violence, and possibly some other topics. Nothing R rated. (I'm sorry if this isn't too specific, I'm new to the site and don't know what exactly to put)

I will be playing as my oc Tasmara Crolt, and you can play as any oc of your own, or create a new one specifically for this and build it up as we rp. I rp with a first person style, but I can change to a third person if needed. Also I'll try to answer questions as best I can if you have them.

Races/species (you can use your own race/species if you want):
Palinian - Caucasian Human
Avalen - Ice Elf
Lyraenan - Aquatic race of small humanoids. Can be part fish, lizard, toad/frog, or dragon.
Golluks - Race of Orcs
Sun Strider - Dark-skinned Human
Teralen - Dwarf (A race of Elf)
Ignilen - Ash Elf
Carcenines - Centaur-esque race. Lower half can be any sort of mammal or bird, size and height depends on the species their lower half is.
Vullian - Tribal race of dark-skinned Humans
Magic 80%
Magic is common.
Technology 50%
Modern
Combat 40%
Unrest may be part of the setting, but any scenes that happen to involve combat may be summarized.
Romance 20%
Romance isn't outright desired, but can happen if we decide the characters are perfect for each other. The romance won't be important to the overall plot.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred.

Disastershire

Hello!

This sounds interesting, but I'd like a bit more information regarding the story before signing on entirely. Is this something you have an outline of, or is it kinda loose and open?

I, personally, write in third person, and while I'm new to this site I'm certainly not new to writing. I've been looking to explore playing a 'happy-go-lucky/foolishly optimistic' sort of character, would that fit the type of setting your after?
CrossoverQueen Topic Starter

Disastershire wrote:
Hello!

This sounds interesting, but I'd like a bit more information regarding the story before signing on entirely. Is this something you have an outline of, or is it kinda loose and open?

I, personally, write in third person, and while I'm new to this site I'm certainly not new to writing. I've been looking to explore playing a 'happy-go-lucky/foolishly optimistic' sort of character, would that fit the type of setting your after?

Ah, okay. Well, the story is about the end of the world. The God Va'kalypsion, and the Goddess Va'kalypsia, two opposites that originally came from one deity, are destined to become one once more, and bring about the end of the world. But Va'kalypsion plans on bringing the world into chaos once this happens. In the story, it takes place in Taurren, a fictional continent I created, the continents being Palin, plains in the center, Sno'kiir, snowy mountains down to the south of Palin, Lakina, Marshlands to the north of Palin, Froric, desert to the west of Palin, and Karrnek, mountains and forest to the east of Palin. I have a rough idea of the plotline, but I usually make things up as I go, so I guess it's a bit more open ended, anything can really happen. Plus you can add to the rp in ways like, places, races, species, stuff like that. There are other continents, but I'm not going to go into those unless needed. And don't worry, I'm new to this site as well. Though I'm also not new to writing.
Alrighty. I think I can get behind this sort of thing. Consider it sold.

Disastershire wrote:

Alright! So, what character/characters are you gonna be using? I'm probably gonna be using my oc Tasmara Crolt, and maybe a few others, but mainly Tasmara.
I find this quite interesting
CrossoverQueen wrote:
Disastershire wrote:

Alright! So, what character/characters are you gonna be using? I'm probably gonna be using my oc Tasmara Crolt, and maybe a few others, but mainly Tasmara.

I don't currently have any assembled for this. I'm thinking normal Human type character, male. Can I get some more information regarding magic and how it works in this world?

Disastershire wrote:
CrossoverQueen wrote:
Disastershire wrote:

I don't currently have any assembled for this. I'm thinking normal Human type character, male. Can I get some more information regarding magic and how it works in this world?

Sure! Magic, or Magyks, is used with incantations in an ancient language, although when I write it, it's usually in English. But there are also staffs that you can use. Collapsible so that they're easier to carry. But there are all sorts of things that Magyks can do. It can bind souls, rebuild things, set things on fire, make people fly, all sorts of things. Although it can act out on its own or go awry. Though it can be accessed nonverbally, though only a few people can do this. Although depending on race, some Magyks come naturally and don't need to have a spoken spell. Like with Avalen, ice Magyks and related substances (frost, snow, cold) are easily manipulated without spoken words. Can act on its own when someone's emotions are pretty intense. Tbh I'm still working out some of the kinks, but I've got a base idea.
Alright. I think I've got it. Would you like me to outline a character through this website, or build as we go? It won't take me too long to make, but I do work a full time job, so responses can be somewhat sporadic. Though, I'll do my best to be always coherent.

Disastershire wrote:
Alright. I think I've got it. Would you like me to outline a character through this website, or build as we go? It won't take me too long to make, but I do work a full time job, so responses can be somewhat sporadic. Though, I'll do my best to be always coherent.

Don't worry, sometimes I forget to check to see if there's been a response and when I remember it's been a while and then I feel bad. But you can go ahead and make a character. Doesn't have to be fully fleshed out yet, could just be a base idea, and then you build upon it as we go. Maybe the beginning of this could be that Tasmara was out on a quest and ran into your character?
You're more than welcome to start off however you'd like. I'll have a character made shortly

Disastershire wrote:
You're more than welcome to start off however you'd like. I'll have a character made shortly

Alright! So... Do you know if we start rping in this chat, or if there's a different chat that's designed for that?
Hello, I saw your idea and became quickly interested. I’d like to join if that’s okay with you.

BronzedEyes wrote:
Hello, I saw your idea and became quickly interested. I’d like to join if that’s okay with you.

Oh, hello. That's fine with me. A one on one rp? Or with more than one person? It's been a while since I've rped with a group tbh.
Count me in, I mostly play in a third person style

ragemachine wrote:
Count me in, I mostly play in a third person style

That's fine. I can change to use a third person style.

If you want to rp, just pm me and we can figure out how to start, and then set up a different chat for the actual rp.
CrossoverQueen wrote:
BronzedEyes wrote:

Oh, hello. That's fine with me. A one on one rp? Or with more than one person? It's been a while since I've rped with a group tbh.

I have no specific preferences as to how things should be, it’s also been quite some time since I’ve done any serious rp. If you would like to do a one on one until you’ve been active for longer that’s perfectly fine. If you want to do a group I’m all for it.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Fantasy/Modern mix (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus