Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Fantasy RP Alternate world (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Chronicles of Bahamut

semYFM2.jpg

Discover a new mystical land of an ancient civilization that stands against the tides of time and embark on a journey that will shape the fate of all~

"Our world is but one of many, perhaps as many as stars in the sky.
The color of our universe is merely dictated by what our eyes see.
Given enough time... will our world fade to a dull grey too?"

- Master of Knowledge, Lord Malygos

Over more than two hundred millennia ago, the first inhabitants of the planet that would come to be named Balaurea, the dragons became the first to gain a sense of self and deeper understanding of the world that surrounds them. Having massacred one another like primitive beasts for far too long, the first self-entitled king, Enki-anu Xymur Io Bahamut, rallied many of his brethren under a common cause: the unification of all dragons and establishing of a great civilization that would last for eons to come. After a wrathful war and many lost lives, Bahamut and the Infinite Dragonflight came out victorious, declaring the first time in history, the creation of an empire onto Balaurea.

"No more will we fight against each other for today we stand as brothers.
No more will we pursuit feed on the weak but instead, guide them.
No more will we continue aimlessly but seek that which lies beyond the end of the world.
For ours is the glory, ours is the might and ours is the fate to shape!"

- Dragon-deity Lord Bahamut

Ever since the end of the first and last dragon war, the Empire of Balaurea formed with Bahamut claiming the entirety of the planet as part of his empire but, allowing anyone to live under the care of the dragons. With time, other kinds of life began to grow onto the land, ranging from what would end up being called humans, fairies, elves, orcs, all being nurtured by the supreme lords of the lands. Unfortunately, this empire's downfall would have been foreseen by the king's most trusted advisor, Lord Malygos. Its cause would be the biological limitations of the dragons, for they were not eternal as many human legends claimed. In order to prevent Balaurea's golden age from ever ending, Bahamut gave himself into the service of outer godly beings. The greatest king of their world, bowing before those that had nothing to do with his empire showed Bahamut's humbleness to the gods. As such, his service was accepted into their ranks and his world became never-ending.

"The war left us more scarred than we hated to admit.
It was a wound that up until this very day, has not healed.
In the past we numbered by the millions, today we are only five left."

- The God Slayer, Lord Acnologia

Despite the longevity of the Empire of Balaurea, just like the supposed ageless dragons, it would not last forever. A creeping darkness has begun to form in the farthest corners of the land, growing slowly, gathering its forces and awaiting the time to strike. Today, apart from the eternal Dragon-Deity Bahamut, only four other Dragon Lords remain. The Infinite Dragonflight stirs in its sleep, the rage of the fiercest creatures to ever walk the realm will be heard echoing throughout the swallowing darkness.

"What will you do?"

R130kl.gif

━ 5 unique regions to start the roleplay in →
━ A plethora of characters to interact with →
━ A land of mysticism where technology melds with science →
━ World lore-friendly and affected by the character's actions →

Hello, this is the author! I hope you enjoyed the somewhat long introduction to the verse I'm presenting. Chronicles of Bahamut is a long built-upon verse through bits and pieces from different roleplays, tabletops and ideas. I always am glad to add even more to it through new interactions with different characters.

I've found it that the best experiences I have had and shared with others alike were when I had been put in charge of narrating a story. So, that's what I am aiming for this time too. Anything and everything can be discussed, the very least I ask from a partner is to be able to write more than decently. I'm not looking for a novelist but, having roleplayed for a long time, I'm looking for someone that can keep up with more than one paragraph.

Art was done by me~

Magic 90%
Magic is very common. Magic-tech, grand floating islands, forests that sing, magical creatures may be an every-day occurrence.
Technology 40%
Industrial revolution
Combat 50%
Combat is expected as part of the storyline but it won't dominate the plot.
Romance 30%
Some romance is possible, but the overall plot is more important.

Details: Freeform, paragraphs required, long-term RP partner preferred.

Wow. I must say this is very impressive and also intimidating at the same time - but, I am more than willing to try and discuss an rp with you~
Villain Topic Starter

Yeah, I figured that after I finished the whole thing but, I'd have to force myself to write any less since it's so enjoyable xD
Alright, that's great, would you mind starting a DM with me?
JetStorm

This seems very interesting,shoot me a message.
Wow.... this is beautiful. I've been waiting for a while for a detailed world and a dedicated narrator. Could I join as Jestina?
SomeFBIDude

This seem like a great rp, so may I join as Lancelot?

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Fantasy RP Alternate world (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus