Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Unexpected Holiday Gifts/Surprises

MasterWinter

Hi all, Winter here.

So. I had something interesting happen tonight. Which made me decide to not only share it with ya'll, but see if this has happened to anyone else.

My Grandpa took Squirt (my cousin) to see some family at a Christmas party. All Gran and were expecting for us, we stayed home which was fine, was Grandpa bringing home some Burger King (fast food place in case anyone outside the USA doesn't know) to eat.

Grandpa's ex wife knows that I live with them now, as he told her I do. Okay no big deal. She included gifts for me.

Grandpa goes: "Winter! You got some gifts here too!" (No he doesn't call me Winter, I just don't share my real name is all). I stood stupefied a moment, as I was not expecting anything at all.

So. I have a Rubix's cube that is in unopened plastic and solved. Not touching it, I want to keep it as it is. LOL!

I got some girly stuff too. His ex doesn't know I'm a total tomboy, but it's the thought that counts. So I got some glitter perfume with glitter body lotion. And then I got a bath set. Got Body lotion, body mist, bath fizzers (which sadly can't use as we don't have a bath tub only a shower), and one of those mesh body washing things.

Finally I got some Queen Anne's cordial cherries (haven't had them in YEARS), and some spending money.

This is from a woman who only knows me from what ever grandpa had told her, a woman who has never met me before. And she made sure to include me. I asked grandpa if he thanked his ex wife for me, he said yes. I thanked him too. Just wow. To be included like this, especially with my off and on, up and down, roller coaster of depression for various reasons, this made me smile for a small bit.

Yes. I have gotten some unexpected gifts before, but it's been here on RPR. I'm wanting to know if anyone has had something similar happen to me in rl. I don't mean to make it sound as though I don't appreciate the unexpected gifts on RPR, believe me I do, I just want to discuss the rl stuff.
It happened to me the first Christmas in UK with my then boyfriend's family

It really meant the world to me to be included I got some small presents, no money, but it is the thought that counts

I am very happy for you
MasterWinter Topic Starter

Tusitala2017 wrote:
It happened to me the first Christmas in UK with my then boyfriend's family

It really meant the world to me to be included I got some small presents, no money, but it is the thought that counts

I am very happy for you

That was really nice of the then bf's family to have done that for you, just as it was really nice of my grandpa's ex wife to include me.

Thank you. ^-^

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Unexpected Holiday Gifts/Surprises

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus