Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Europa Magika - D&D (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Hello! First off before I get into business I will simply thank you for reading this little summons, I suppose. I hope you enjoy the read and are inspired to set up a TtRPG game of your own. Ok, down to business.

I'm looking for players that'd be interested in a TtRPG (Tabletop RPG) game. Roughly around 5-6 in total. I have 2 that already are potentially interested. It will be set in Florence, Tuscany, Central Italy during the renaissance. There will be NO magic for the players, but it will be present in the world if not in the setting specifically. We will be using the "D&D 5E" ruleset with some custom rules that I will explain in session 0.

This will have combat but is nominally about meeting people, understanding their stories. Trying to deduce information and digging up the lies. Delving into forgotten parts of the city or beating up thugs is a part of it too. But that part is a means to an end. E.G Delve into a cellar to find a bit of evidence that leans towards a member of the party is guilty. Or beat up some thugs that have something against another member of the party for whatever reason. Be it because they committed a crime that involves them or other motives.

The basic idea behind the game is this; You and a couple of other people have been accused of a crime, a crime of which one of you is guilty. You have been tasked by the guilds of Florence to solve the mystery of the crime and find the guilty individual hidden among you. You simply cannot run away however as the Guilds of Florence have taken something of import to each of you hostage, be it Information, an item or a person. This has left you with one choice, Find and present information, evidence and the individual themselves to the Guilds to clear each of your names. Or suffer the loss of these Items and your lives. To aid you in this, the guilds have given you a handful of potential Leads, ranging from the shady underbelly of Florence to High born individuals of higher upstanding.

Session 0 will be discussing this game and how it will work in more detail, allowing me to answer questions, etc. To find the guilty player I will present a group of items to the players, each player will look at the result of the item (Simply stating you are guilty) and will tell me. By the end of the campaign, not too long in the grand scheme of things, one player will be killed. It will then be revealed who was actually guilty. TO BE CLEAR, YOU ARE NOT AGAINST ONE ANOTHER...

Thanks! - GM
Magic 30%
Some magic. Few can use it, but most of the players probably won't have it. Magical characters will likely believe that they are all alone.
Technology 30%
Renaissance
Combat 50%
Combat is expected as part of the storyline but it won't dominate the plot.
Romance 30%
Some romance is possible, but the overall plot is more important.

Details: Character sheets & strict mechanics, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played with a small group of players.

ThatGMYouloveandHate Topic Starter

Oh! and one more thing. Discord is Required however a Mic is not. Some members may be speaking but that does not mean you have to. It is simply needed so as to be hearable. We will also be using R20 since that is good for my needs.

Thanks - GM

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Europa Magika - D&D (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus