Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Zhe'sai (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

From the diverse and golden landscapes of Menghu, to the cold and frozen islands of Kinachi, Zhe'sai is filled with wonder and magic. Within you'll find the keepers of the world, the Housai- upright-walking monkeys with magical abilities. They keep nature in balance with their magic, and together work wonders.

Not all Housai are like this, however. There are the Dread Housai, created by the malevolent great spirit Dudai. Both forms the Dread Housai take- the strong and furry Chuji and the mad and dark Kebukai- are negative energies in the world of Zhe'sai, cursed to cause chaos to grow wherever they touch. Though it has been over two hundred years since the spirit Dudai was last sealed away, his dark influence still lingers with the Dread Housai- though perhaps not as strongly...

One day, a bitter-smelling cold wind blows across Menghu. The few Old Sages who lived during Dudai's last imprisonment are immediately panicked. They have felt this once before, when they were young- the wind brought disaster. It is Dudai's dark emotions, blowing across the land. Plants tremble, animals hide.

The Housai King calls for a group of heroes to travel to the Far North where Dudai was imprisoned. He declares all Housai, from the largest to the smallest, are welcome to try their hand at being one of said heroes. And then the Housai King proclaims something rather odd- something unheard of: Even Dread Housai are welcome to try.

This is unprecedented, and causes many to doubt the King and his motives. No good Housai trusts the Dreaded. But the King is firm in his stance.

Will you answer the King's call?

--

This is a high animal fantasy roleplay story with lore where the main subject of the story are eastern Old World monkeys! Well, I think it's unique. I'm looking for players AND friendly co-moderators to help me run and build the lore for this!

There are various races you can play, here is a primer on each of them. Ask me if you have questions!:

Saruki:
(Based off Japanese macaques)
Saruki live primarily on the largest island of Kinachi, Yiru, but also are found all over Zhe'sai. They have gray fur and red skin, and are well adapted to the cold. They were one of the primary targets of the Dread Housai centuries ago, and therefore have a lot of ingrained bad blood with them. They have ice magic that comes from their lungs.

Lumpai:
(Generic/fantasy monkey)
Lumpai are the most common Housai in Zhe'sai. Their fur and skin can be almost any color. They are a medium-sized Housai, bigger than Poekai and Junsi but smaller than Saruki, Lurshi, and the Dread Housai. They have plant magic and can manipulate vines and such without physically touching them.

Poekai:
(Based off dusky langurs)
Small (but not as small as the Junsi) monkeys who live on the island of Baikh, Poekai believe in more than just the spirits that are a fact of life for most Housai. Poekai are the primary adherents to the religion of Kolsanti, which among other things emphasizes being completely peaceful and nonviolent even to the point of not fighting back when one is harmed. Poekai have an incredibly peaceful and relaxed culture due to this, and they have never participated in war in history, even when they were attacked.

Junsi:
(Based off golden snub-nosed monkeys)
The Junsi are the smallest of the Housai. Despite this, they are probably one of the most aggressive non-Dread Housai! They have fought not only with Dread Housai, but also attacked other, peaceful Housai throughout history as well! This is mostly behind them as Zhe'sai now lives in more of a state of balance and civilization and community is emphasized across all cultures. However, Junsi still have cultural values of fighting back when provoked that make them rather hot-headed. Quite the opposite of the peaceful Poekai.

Lurshi:
(Fantasy monkey)
The Lurshi are tall, lanky Housai with white fur and blue skin. They were once the proudest Housai in all of Zhe'sai, and they lived on a beautiful paradise of an island called Anshu, which is part of the Kinachi islands. Nowadays, however, Anshu is in a permanently frozen, barren state, and the Lurshi have the lowest numbers of any Housai. This is because of a great war between them and the Chuji that nearly wiped them completely out, when they were abandoned by their creator and patron spirit in this time of great need. Initially ingrained with values of honor and righteousness, the Lurshi now cling to those values like a comfort blanket.

Chuji:
(Fantasy monkey)
Chuji are large, monstrous Dread Housai who are most commonly found on Dreadling Island and Kinachi. Chuji often have large tusks and fangs, and have piercing blue, red, or green eyes that rarely have visible sclera. They have lots of fur on their body, keeping them warm in the snow. They tower over all other Housai. Possessing natural shadow magic, they are cursed to cause small amounts of chaos to infect all they touched.

Kebukai:
(Fantasy monkey)
Kebukai are large, tall (but not near to the extent of Chuji) Dread Housai who are rather agile and energetic. Among other Housai, they are said to be insane, barbaric creatures, though how true this is could be debated. It is true that many Kebukai act rather strangely when compared to other Housai, having odd customs and odd architecture. They are not as blood-hungry as the Chuji, but are still not as peaceable as the non-Dread Housai.

Like I said earlier I am looking for moderators to help me run this roleplay and help with the lore.

If you're interested, please reply or message me!
Magic 90%
Magic is very common. Magic-tech, grand floating islands, forests that sing, magical creatures may be an every-day occurrence.
Technology 20%
Iron age
Combat 30%
Distant war may be part of the setting, but any scenes that happen to involve combat will likely be summarized, not played out in detail.
Romance 30%
Some romance is possible, but the overall plot is more important.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred.

Wow, how have I seen absolutely nobody talking about this?

The concept is outstanding!

Anyways, I would totally be interested in joining as a Chuji for this! And I would definitely love to help in any way I can, whether that be being a co-moderator or merely just working on getting the word out there!

Count me in!
ungulatehoof Topic Starter

FlamingPsycho wrote:
Wow, how have I seen absolutely nobody talking about this?

The concept is outstanding!

Anyways, I would totally be interested in joining as a Chuji for this! And I would definitely love to help in any way I can, whether that be being a co-moderator or merely just working on getting the word out there!

Count me in!

Eee thanks so much!!! I'm so glad you're interested!!! You can definitely help, I need all the help I can get! Getting the word out there would be really nice of you. How are you with world-building and modding roleplays- have experience?
ungulatehoof wrote:
Eee thanks so much!!! I'm so glad you're interested!!! You can definitely help, I need all the help I can get! Getting the word out there would be really nice of you. How are you with world-building and modding roleplays- have experience?

I spend 90% of my time worldbuilding (and the extra 10% using them), and have created a large variety of worlds showing themselves mostly on discord. Along with that, I am currently a moderator on multiple roleplaying servers such as David's Star Circus, Wickerman Academy, and even Town of Blackburn, a roleplay server consisting of a decently large amount of members.
ungulatehoof Topic Starter

FlamingPsycho wrote:
ungulatehoof wrote:

I spend 90% of my time worldbuilding (and the extra 10% using them), and have created a large variety of worlds showing themselves mostly on discord. Along with that, I am currently a moderator on multiple roleplaying servers such as David's Star Circus, Wickerman Academy, and even Town of Blackburn, a roleplay server consisting of a decently large amount of members.

Well then! Sounds like you have plenty of experience x'D If enough people express interest for an RP to begin, you can definitely be a co-moderator/lore writer! ^-^
ungulatehoof wrote:
FlamingPsycho wrote:
ungulatehoof wrote:

Well then! Sounds like you have plenty of experience x'D If enough people express interest for an RP to begin, you can definitely be a co-moderator/lore writer! ^-^

Awesome! I'm excited to help!

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Zhe'sai (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus