Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Option to turn user messages IC

I sometimes rp without using a character profile because the character I am using only exists for that particular rp and there really isn't a need to make a profile for it. Prior to 2.0, I could post IC posts as myself with no issue, but when I tried to change my one of my rps back to IC, I saw that I can't turn my old posts back into IC like they were previously.

So can we change it back to being able to make IC posts as yourself again because I am certain I am not the only one who would benefit from this. I mean I suppose I could make a throwaway profile, but that doesn't fix the posts I already made.
Kim Site Admin

Just as a heads up, I'm extremely unlikely to reverse this.

What's wrong with just using any random character profile and just writing the name of the character taking the action?
Katia Topic Starter

There is nothing wrong with doing that, it's just as you can't edit pms, I can't go back and have my previous posts come from someone else so those would be permanently marked as OOC.
Kim Site Admin

Ahhhh, I see what you mean about that then :) thinking...
Katia Topic Starter

I can think of one option, but it would be a pain in the butt. That being I make a throwaway profile for these throwaway character and then, assuming you are able to do this, you could change these posts of mine to come from the throwaway profile? Really not the best solution, but it's an option if you can't come up with anything else.
Rogue-Scribe

I'm going to add to this thread instead of starting a new one... I started to play with the 'IC' & 'OOC' message marking in a PM thread and wonder if there could be a tick markes used so I don't have to mark each IC post on a page individually. That way I could go down the page and select several messages to turn to 'IC' or 'OOC'. I suspect that would take a bit of coding to do and it would really only be necessary for older messages.
Kim Site Admin

Shadow-Ranger wrote:
I'm going to add to this thread instead of starting a new one... I started to play with the 'IC' & 'OOC' message marking in a PM thread and wonder if there could be a tick markes used so I don't have to mark each IC post on a page individually. That way I could go down the page and select several messages to turn to 'IC' or 'OOC'. I suspect that would take a bit of coding to do and it would really only be necessary for older messages.

I imagine we will improve this tool in various ways over time. This may or may not be one of them.
Kim Site Admin

Okay, there is now an exception for PMs sent by a user BEFORE December 15th; these can be marked as IC just for backwards compatibility.
Katia Topic Starter

Thank you Kim!

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Option to turn user messages IC

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus