Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » To Dethrone a Tyrant (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

You've struggled. Your people have struggled. At first, "Eleanor" was a blessing, giving food to the hungry and work to the unemployed. Then she acquired a brothel - many daughters disappeared in her care. Soon after came the mercenaries and assassins... politicians would vanish, or end up quartered like a lowly thief. It was never enough. With your king gone, she is now your queen.

...But it never seemed that way. How did things get like this? Everywhere Eleanor moved, people worshiped the ground she walked on. Was it some sort of ambrosial perfume? You, yourself, have been guilty of this, the simple act of meeting her eyes causing blissful contentment to overwhelm you. If she never left your sight, you would have starved. She certainly didn't acquire all of those women through force; they were offered by their fathers, often without even a transaction! Men armored themselves and took her orders without ever uttering a complaint... Without a church, she became a goddess in the eyes of many.

Something has changed in recent weeks, though. As if the spell had worn off, and you are able to see the circumstances for what they really are. Almost an entire generation of youths, gone. You've taken up arms, along with your fellow comrades, willing to risk your lives for God and country.

You've fought. The men guarding the Old King's castle had fallen far enough into insanity that they were drooling. They didn't eat... Skin-and-bones, the lot of them, somehow still carrying all that armor. You felt no remorse in putting them out of their misery.

Without a person in sight, the castle gates swing open. You hear the gulping of your nervous comrades... and you push onward.

This is an extremely combat-heavy scenario; experimental at that. Medieval fantasy, of course. I think we should try for four heroes, or four players anyway. With the high probability of character death, you will probably end up playing more than one character.

Your characters should have little to no magical ability, although a devoted magician or clerical type can be tried.

If this scenario is successful, I'll improvise a way to continue after the scene's climax.

... So. Anyone interested?
Magic 50%
Magic is rare, but not unheard of. Mundane characters may or may not believe in it. Magical characters may form small and exclusive pockets for study, protection, etc.
Technology 20%
Iron age
Combat 70%
More combat than not. The setting may be at war, and the characters will likely get involved whether or not they seek it out.
Romance 20%
Romance isn't outright desired, but can happen if we decide the characters are perfect for each other. The romance won't be important to the overall plot.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, Will be played with a small group of players.

This sounds really interesting. I have Ariel and other characters on my computer that might fit this plot. Just send me a message if you are still looking for partners!

Love, unicorns, and snowflakes,
Jencey <3
MerryBandofMisfits Topic Starter

Will do. :) Feel free to message me with characters you'd like to use. Or just to talk. ... That goes for anyone else too, really.
This sounds super interesting, and I would love to join if you still have room! I would have to create a new character for this, though that is not much of a problem!

Well that's twooo... Anyone else?
Robyn Holt (played anonymously)

Sounds like this’ll be a bloody affair. I’m in.
Ynfynyte

Interested! Message me please, human!

Alright. Including PMs, I count five total. We'll see how this goes soon.
Caliburn

If it's not too late, I would also like to join!

Sure. :) Just gotta find a good time to start. Might be a few days.
Great7

You still taking players?

I have all I need for now. Depending on how things go, I might look for soon.
MerryBandofMisfits wrote:
Will do. :) Feel free to message me with characters you'd like to use. Or just to talk. ... That goes for anyone else too, really.
Can I join?

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » To Dethrone a Tyrant (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus