Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Kirk Douglas - 103 years -R.I.P.

Rogue-Scribe

Kirk Douglas... what a legend!
He hadn’t been in movies since 1996 after a stroke but still.. it’s funny he may be famous for a movie line he never said.... “I’m Spartacus”

Favorite movies? I have a my top-ten list...

Paths of Glory
Spartacus
Lust for Life
Seven Days in May
The War Wagon
Man from Snowy River
The Vikings
Gunfight at the OK Corral
The Brotherhood

Vale Kirk! You were one of my dads and my favourite actors! And your son and Daughter in law aren’t too bad either!
(Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones)
Dravelion

Truly a great actor, and I'd recommend anyone to watch his movies.

I remember the first one I saw with him, a movie called The Villain, where he played "Cactus Jack". I was ripping at the seams when I watched it as a kid. Now, I've been fortunate enough to have seen a great deal of his more serious movies, and I can say that they're well worth the watch. Whenever somebody dies at such an age, and of natural causes, it's a nice feeling, rather than a sad one. Sad to see them go, but glad they were here. the last of the golden-age giants!

Rest In Peace!
Wow. 103. God bless his family and such.
I heard about this in the news. 103 WOW. That's truly amazing. Bless his family and him in the heavens!!
Rogue-Scribe Topic Starter

It’s pretty amazing that he was married to the love of his life for sixty+ years. You always hear of the Hollywood couples that break up and all, but not so much the ones that stand the tests of time.

Another great and honorable thing he did was stand up to Joe McCarthy and the Hollywood ‘blacklisting’ of people as Communists in the 1950’s. He was instrumental in breaking the back of that horrible period in American history.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Kirk Douglas - 103 years -R.I.P.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus