Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » IT'S SNOWING!! (My FIRST snow!)

MasterWinter

Hi all, Winter here!

So. What some of you may or may not know, is I've NEVER been in or seen real snow before.

I come from California in the USA, so there was no snow. But since moving to GA, I get my first snow!

Hence my excitement and wanting to share this with ya'll.

Yesterday we had a very light dusting of it. I couldn't tell it was snowing, save for looking at my black shirt I wore.

Today I was awakened by my cousin, who told me it's snowing. I asked if it was more than yesterday, and she said it was. Mother Nature, or which ever deity you believe in, decided to make it up for no White Christmas.

... Yes I've already had my first fall in the snow. Tried to walk down our ramp, and snow said: Nerp! Your going down!

So down I went. I'm sore but I'm okay!

Anywho. Thanks for viewing this if you did!

-Winter

Edit:
Here are some images you can look at that I took.

EoUqQ0b.jpg

MuJYa0O.jpg

AVuGgXK.jpg

AaZ9Sjy.jpg

This one above is a bit blurry. But it's of our male dog, ET, in his warm outfit.

XYCYebv.jpg

this one above is also blurry. It's of our 4 lb chihuahua named Bella, in her Hello Kitty outfit.
LakotaSiouxWarrior

We're getting 6-12inches in minnsnowta. Thanks for sharing winter.❤
MasterWinter Topic Starter

LakotaSiouxWarrior wrote:
We're getting 6-8 inches in minnsnowta. Thanks for sharing winter.❤

Sounds fun! Not sure how much we will get. And you are welcome! ^-^
Iowa is the greatest for bipolar weather that kind of thing...

But the weather’s only 3 degrees as a I post this. >.>

It’s still pretty cool to hear about, though, Winter!
Don't forget to make snowballs, if there's enough snow. Maybe a snow man.
I was raised in Michigan, and we have what's called 'lake effect' snow.....essentially that means the snow you were going to get, floats over the lake a while and recharges and you can expect a few to several additional inches. One weekend I was trapped at my sisters house while 40 inches fell a few winters ago, so if you ever want to see a lot of snow....Michigan is a good place for it. In fact anywhere with lake effect snow (like I know Buffalo gets it too) is probably a good example.

Also....I can't help to appreciate the irony in the fact you have never been in real life snow before and yet are named Winters_Fury, haha

KatayokuNoTenshiVII wrote:

Bipolar weather is always "fun", not. We've been fluctuating between being at freezing and above it.
Abigail_Austin wrote:
Don't forget to make snowballs, if there's enough snow. Maybe a snow man.

My aunt back in CA suggested that off the bat, when I texted her going: IT'S SNOWING!!! I'm also gonna see if granpda will have a snowball fight with cousin and I. ^-^
Voldarian_Empire wrote:
I was raised in Michigan, and we have what's called 'lake effect' snow.....essentially that means the snow you were going to get, floats over the lake a while and recharges and you can expect a few to several additional inches. One weekend I was trapped at my sisters house while 40 inches fell a few winters ago, so if you ever want to see a lot of snow....Michigan is a good place for it. In fact anywhere with lake effect snow (like I know Buffalo gets it too) is probably a good example.

Also....I can't help to appreciate the irony in the fact you have never been in real life snow before and yet are named Winters_Fury, haha

XD I know, right? That's what happens when I've been a CA person for so long, then move to GA.

Being trapped is never fun. I hope we won't get stuck.

I'll share some images with ya'll soon as possible!

I've edited my first post with some images, just to share with ya'll.
Fellow Georgian here. It snowed around 4 inches and we had time to bundle up and go out to make a snowman. It was fun!

Aubade wrote:
Fellow Georgian here. It snowed around 4 inches and we had time to bundle up and go out to make a snowman. It was fun!

Ah, fantastic!

I got to toss some snowballs at cousin and grandpa. I helped push cousin down a hill on her sled a few times. I tried to make a snow angel, but there wasn't enough snow for it to turn out good. Tossed more snow at cousin.

All in all it was a good first snow day.

Was happy to have had the tea my friend Demi-San sent me, as I fixed myself some to warm up. Felt better after having some to go with the chicken noodle soup my grandpa and I fixed.
I know exactly how you feel; I’ve lived in Texas most my life, and it rarely snows here. The most we get is around an inch or two every year or so, and the rest is sludge. But when I first saw snow during a trip to Utah, I was thrilled. Nice to find someone I have a similar snow pattern to...I guess. (Pardon my typing, I’m already half asleep here.)

Arcol wrote:
I know exactly how you feel; I’ve lived in Texas most my life, and it rarely snows here. The most we get is around an inch or two every year or so, and the rest is sludge. But when I first saw snow during a trip to Utah, I was thrilled. Nice to find someone I have a similar snow pattern to...I guess. (Pardon my typing, I’m already half asleep here.)

Not to worry. I sent a possible bug report to Kim once, and she pointed out what the issue was that didn't need her fixing. I told her it's what happens when I am half awake and posting a bug report. XD

But yes, it is nice to find people similar to me, concerning snow.

My poor cousin kept questioning me on things, and I'm like: I've NEVER EVER been in snow before, cut me some slack!
Ah, Georgia's seeing snow already? Lucky you! I haven't seen any yet from where I am. Then again, I'm on the coast, so we have our bipolar weather moments too.

But it sounds (and looks) like your first snow day was really nice, Sir Winter! Reminds me of when I traveled to Nebraska; there was snow everywhere. I'm envious of all that white!

Lucretire wrote:
Ah, Georgia's seeing snow already? Lucky you! I haven't seen any yet from where I am. Then again, I'm on the coast, so we have our bipolar weather moments too.

But it sounds (and looks) like your first snow day was really nice, Sir Winter! Reminds me of when I traveled to Nebraska; there was snow everywhere. I'm envious of all that white!

Well. The snow fall lasted one day. As of yesterday in the late afternoon/early evening, the snow not only stopped but it started to melt. As of today so far, a good chunk of our property is looking decently back to normal. Though there are still places with snow here and there. Not sure if there will be any more snow any time soon.
That's nice ((Sorry this is short.))

Dyson wrote:
That's nice ((Sorry this is short.))

It's perfectly fine. I never have any expectations of length, concerning someone's reply to something like this. But thank you. ^-^
That's a relief, so snow the white glorious specs that fall in January where I live ((In the North)) Snow, is possibly the best object that can fall from the sky, clearly screw hail... It would be nice to hear a bit more of what you experienced
That's a relief, so snow the white glorious specs that fall in January where I live ((In the North)) Snow, is possibly the best object that can fall from the sky, clearly screw hail... It would be nice to hear a bit more of what you experienced
((Apologies for that lack of control, I'm very confused on why my message was sent twice.))
KatayokuNoTenshiVII wrote:

Iowa... It's 22 degrees here not that cold.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » IT'S SNOWING!! (My FIRST snow!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus