Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » The Wrong Rescue (Sci-fi Meet Cute 2020) (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

The time it had taken to recover the pod from within the star had driven Yria mad. What lie within what was essentially an altered escape pod was a treasure she had missed for many years now, a person. Her best friend who had been taken from her and only recently did she finally catch the perpetrators of the unthinkable crime.

"THE STAR!!!" he had shouted in desperation as Yria threatened his child before his eyes, "She's in the star...."

The idea someone could create a self sustaining storage pod which retained someone within and would survive in the outer layer of a star was an incredible thought, and Yria had a feeling she knew who likely made the pod, but it lacked relevance. She only hoped it was actually there.

Equipped with the information the prisoner had offered, she had commanded the launch of several Yenta ships to the given star to pull the small pod out, and while it had taken a significant amount of time to retrieve, cool, and collect the pod, here it was.....just like her prisoner had said. The disbelief was gone and she stood now before it, an effective coffin coated in thick black that her Yenta soldiers had finally managed to access.

"Open it," she commanded, the stern and equally interested Chiwa standing beside her eager as anyone in the room was to see Lyy once again. It was only a few moments as they hacked their way in and confirmed the opening, and the small pod cracked open. With an eager smile on her face Yria steped forward, ready to greet her long lost best friend......

.....but when the pod finishes opening.....it isn't Lyy who's standing there. Who is this person and how did they get into Lyy's apparent stasis device? More importantly, where is Lyy, and what does this person know about that?

What I'm looking for is someone to have for whatever reason been trapped in a stasis field and tossed in a star. The how and the why? That's up to you. The big important questions Yria is going to want to know about is what happened to her friend, and I can offer a few ideas of things in pms and offer guidance in that category for you to introduce what may have happened to her and how she and your character may have interacted. Of course, it may also be that your character didn't see Lyy when going into the stasis field, also your call. What happens after that is really up to the explanation your character provides, but the rp is open ended after that as far as direction.

Some things for accuracy and such

• The entire time in the stasis field passes like a blink of an eye for any character within, so time will not pass while they are inside.
  • Lyy is a rare breed of Voldarian who is incredibly powerful. She does not have to be directly involved in the rp (save for maybe a possible ending if the characters go looking for her and end up finding her) but any back story you add involving Lyy prior to your character being tossed into the pod will have to respect this.
  • The pod is only large enough to hold a single body, and while the size of the creature isn't all that relevant to justify it, multiple characters can't be added into the pod. Must be humanoid character
  • This RP will occur in my own universe
  • While the RP is listed as a one shot, I'm willing to consider long term if we both remain interested and find ourselves doing something
  • Combat and Romance are both marked at 50% but are variable. It likely depends on other characters what the exact setting would be
  • Romance is not impossible but not sought after. If you're planning to attempt romance please let me know up front that's your intention, also if Yria is who you want to romance be advised it probably won't be easy

Please be sure to have a look at my profile to see any preferences I have as I will pay you and your character the same consideration when you express interest. Feel free to post here or PM me, but please provide a character and a brief idea of any thoughts you might have for the rp (feel free to keep spoilers to yourself though). Questions are welcomed also.

Thanks for checking out my prompt, looking forward to hearing from some of you.
Magic 00%
No magic at all.
Technology 80%
Far future, perhaps interstellar travel (generation ships)
Combat 50%
Combat is expected as part of the storyline but it won't dominate the plot.
Romance 50%
Romance is desired but not required, and will balance evenly with other plot.

Details: Freeform, paragraphs required, one-off scene. Will be played one-on-one.

I think my character
https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/143598
Would be pretty good for this...
Yria Myl-Lys (played by Alien_Princess) Topic Starter

Marshadow_and_Zeraor wrote:
I think my character
https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/143598
Would be pretty good for this...

That link is broken, and only goes to doubutt xD if you can fix that link I'll check your character today
Hmm... might've been cause that tab has been open for a little while... try
https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1435986
It should work cause I tested it

Hmm... might've been cause that tab has been open for a little while... try
https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1435986
It should work cause I tested it

He could possibly work.....As long as

• He is humanoid (small/moderate wings and tail on a humanoid body as suggested on his profile is fine...just want to make sure he's not like, an actual dragon body style)
  • He remains more of a science fiction character. Dragons as a sci fi race are fine by me and I don't mind the flying and some fire breathing even as long as there's no obviously magical spells included.

If these are acceptable we can continue discussing this in PM's
That can work. His wingspan is (5 ft) a little further that his hight (4 ft 11 in) and his tail is 3 ft long, I was thinking he could be curled up when in the pod (knees brought up to his chest, wings and tail wrapped around him) and he knows no magic anyway...
And yes, his MAIN body is a human boy.
Ember_Wolf

Hm, I think I have a few characters who would work nicely for this. I've gotten the ability to be more active as of late.

That can work. His wingspan is (5 ft) a little further that his hight (4 ft 11 in) and his tail is 3 ft long, I was thinking he could be curled up when in the pod (knees brought up to his chest, wings and tail wrapped around him) and he knows no magic anyway...

Sounds good, I'll send you a PM soon, currently balancing some work in the kitchen so give me a few moments

Ember_Wolf wrote:
Hm, I think I have a few characters who would work nicely for this. I've gotten the ability to be more active as of late.

You have a character in mind for this?
Ember_Wolf

Yria Myl-Lys wrote:

Sounds good, I'll send you a PM soon, currently balancing some work in the kitchen so give me a few moments

Ember_Wolf wrote:

You have a character in mind for this?
Yep, either Ember Kamura or Vincent Kazira, the links to whom can be found here. Even if they somehow don't fit into this, I'm open for other things as well.

https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/112503
https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1413654

Both are Anthropomorphic Wolves, but are around human size, not too far off from a human in most ways.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » The Wrong Rescue (Sci-fi Meet Cute 2020) (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus