Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Did my old AD actually get readvertised?

I can't see an ad I made when I was last playing in here in the looking for rp list. I reopened it. Edited it slightly. And used the extend ad time button. But when I go into the looking for rp forum I don't see it there.
Kim Site Admin

What is its title?
InkWren Topic Starter

Seeking Partner for M role in Scifi Tale
Rogue-Scribe

InkWren wrote:
I can't see an ad I made when I was last playing in here in the looking for rp list. I reopened it. Edited it slightly. And used the extend ad time button. But when I go into the looking for rp forum I don't see it there.

I don't think re-opening a closed LFRP post or editing it will bring it up out of the depths on the forum. It will be back as far as the last post time-stamp. A new post to 'bump' it should bring it up to the 1st page. Re-opening it does put it on the 'Find RP' list though.
Kim Site Admin

Yes, I can see your topic being advertised both on the community page and on the Find RP page. :)

Clicking the "extend ad time" button DOES NOT bump it on the forum; as it is now not possible to keep a LFRP ad topic on the front page of the LFRP forum even for a full 24 hours, meaning plenty of fully eligible RPs are two, three, or even more pages back, we are working to de-emphasize the LFRP forum and instead suggest eligible RPs in no particular order elsewhere throughout the site, most especially on the Find RP section. :)

Edit: To be clear, although we tolerate bumping topics that have fallen off the front page of a forum, we still strongly discourage it because it only serves to speed the forum up and increase bumping competition.
InkWren Topic Starter

If it is ok I will just "bump" it by sending an actual message out as the bump as it was almost a year ago when I originally posted it. And I will only do that once. I trust your system!

Zuckerberg and Youtube should hire you guys. Thanks so much to both of you for your help!
Kim Site Admin

Yup, go ahead. :) And thanks!

You are on: Forums » Help » Did my old AD actually get readvertised?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus