Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Mercenary War

Mentat Wallace (played by Jabonicus)

"And what will happen to me and my men?" He asked. "And you don't expect to go against NEVEC and come out unscathed, do you?"
Arik Taranis (played by HRA)

"You and your men will be treated with honour and respect. You have, after all, fought a battleship and survived. Mostly." Arik said, smiling. "We'll use our fleets. We'll take losses, oh yes. But we'll overwhelm them. After all, our battleships are 8 kilometers long."
Johnson (played by HvyArtillery)

The boarding shuttle flew through the void rapidly, headed for the NEVEC ship. Once the shuttle reached the ship, it was piloted into the ship's landing bay. Once the shuttle had landed, a dozen Coalition Marines stepped out.

Their armor was seemingly thin but was made of a very sturdy, light metal with a suit of heat treated kevlar underneath. Helmets obscured their faces as the squad moved out of the hanger, leaving two behind to guard the shuttle.

"You've never fought NEVEC military have you?" Mentat asked. "They aren't your everyday soldier."

"Mentat, in case you haven't noticed, Space Marines aren't your everyday Juggernaught. Hell, our Juggernaught is your Juggernaught's worst nightmare," General Arik said, chuckling. They were going to pulverize NEVEC.

"On E.D.N. III, we were unbeatable, you came into our territory, you died from our bullets or frostbite. Or both. Then NEVEC came in broad daylight, we saw them miles away. I woke up three hours later. Everyone was dead. Not a single NEVEC soldier was among the dead." Mentat replied. "NEVEC isn't just an energy company, that was their excuse to gain power."

"You know the difference between NEVEC and us? We're an Empire. We hold everything under our control. Our ships, our companies, our worlds. We have everything under our command. You only have those you can hire. Can you hire a Titan? Can you hire a Dreadnaught? A Super Heavy Aircraft Carrier? No."

"They hired miners. They used the profits from that to make their own military. Their support is bought, their power is made." Mentat replied. "NEVEC is not a simple as you think."

"Would your people die for their leader? Would they fight, even if they knew they'd loose? Would they go in, five people at a time, maybe, against 100? 1000? 10,000? You are dealing with an Empire of fanatics, Mentat. Fanatics who would die, who would wipe out whole worlds, for the Emperor." Arik said. "When will that ship get here?"

"We just got a message saying they would get here soon." Mentat said. The space outside was starting to tint red. "Wait, what is that?" Mentat said, going to a side window. The tint was getting more red, and a buzz was felt in the air.

"I don't know, and I'm not going to find out." Arik said, and looked out the window. He cocked the gun, and pointed it at Mentat. Then he signaled the Battleship. "Arrogence, load weapons, and bring this ship into tow. Put a Warp Shield around it, and get ready to jump to Warp."

The red was intense now, and the buzzing was drowning out everything. A voice came over the radio, slightly louder than the buzzing. "NEVEC does not take prisoners." Mentat froze, realizing what it meant. "IT'S A THERMAL SATELLITE LASER!"

"Arrogence! Target the satellite with everything!" Arik shouted, and grabbed Mentat, holding the gun to his head. He was going to bargain lives for lives. Cocking the gun and flipping the safety off, he snarled. Someone was dying today. But not him. "Tell it to power down. NOW."

"The satellite is in orbit around E.D.N. III! It's weapon systems will easily be able to shoot it down by the time they get there!" Mentat said. "That satellite is manned by thousands of soldiers!"

"If you don't shut it down, not only will I shoot you, but I will shut it down. PERMANENTLY. I won't have rogues firing at me as I leave." Arik said, and growled. If they didn't power it down, every ship would fire at it. "Think about it."

"You've got the wrong impression! I'm not working with NEVEC! I'm stealing from NEVEC!" Mentat said, backing up. "I don't have a god d*** clue on how to shut that thing down!"

"The main computer! The main computer will have the codes and orders!" Arik shouted, pointing to the console. "You're the only one in the room who has access to it!"

"It's already fired! Cancelling it now won't do a thing!" Mentat replied. "We have to get off this ship!"

"WARP!" Arik shouted, and Robbins hit the button, opening a warp hole which the two ships were thrown into. It closed behind them, and hopefully just in time. The ship that was being trailed behind them was surrounded by a Warp shield, so it wouldn't be ripped apart by the energies.
Jade Sumner (played by Pyrak)

(Can I do a pirate?)

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Mercenary War

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus