Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Master Thread - Original Roleplays (CLOSED)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Original RP Prompts | Master Thread
Last Updated: 3/10/20
Filled the three slots! Thanks to all who responded.
14540.gif
MERAKI (A.) | Greek
The soul, creativity or love put into something; The essence of yourself that is put into your work.​

Hi friends! I hope you all are doing well! My name is Hannah, but most people online call me Hanns. I am an English Major who currently works at a IT Company in Colorado Springs. Oh, and in my free time, I love to create art and write roleplays! I’ve been roleplaying for about 9 years, but I’ve been writing stories and creating characters for as long as I could remember. All of the ideas and pairings in this thread is for original stories, as original material is what I love to write about the most. But I might set up a fandom document.

One of the wonderful things about roleplaying is that it's a chance to escape from reality, even if it is through words on a page. You create worlds and characters who love, who hate, who bleed and who can heal. You'll find I take my stories pretty seriously and I'm really hoping to find others who feel the same way!

I don’t want to waste anyone’s time as I’m sure you’re here to roleplay! Thus, I’ll try to make this document’s rules and guidelines brief. I’ve got a table of contents set up below, for easy access and clean assortment. Note that these are not first come, first serve - Let me know if I can answer any questions for you!

Be Nice and be Invested - Seriously inquiries only, please! The most important rule for me when it comes to roleplaying is that we're having fun and if you or I aren’t excited about the roleplay, then it’s going to be a real downer. So all I ask is for a partner who is friendly, invested and contributes to the story. If I feel like I have to step on eggshells around you or if I feel like I am having to do all the work, then you're not the person I am looking for. Note that this it's not first come, first serve!

Quality over Quantity - My writing style is novella, meaning that I will write on average anywhere from four to eight paragraphs at a time. At the same time, I know some roleplayers write shorter responses and can still produce quality content. Thus, I don’t want you to stress out over your length. As long as you are trying your best, that’s all I can really ask for. I welcome all types of writers/roleplayers. But I feel like I should set up some sort of limit, so all I ask for as a bare minimum is one full paragraph.

Good Grammar is a Plus - I am by no means a grammar nazi. I make plenty of spelling mistakes, so you don’t have to worry about me correcting you! All I ask is that you roleplay in third person and that you are trying your best when it comes to grammar.

Character Sheets and World Building - Not really something mandatory, but I figured I add this just to tell everyone my own preferences/opinions. I personally prefer character sheets and character mood boards, but I'm definitely not going to make you do one! But I would like to world build a bit first before we hop in. Honestly, I could talk about characters or world building all day so if that isn't really your thing I don't think we'd get along as partners.

Multiple Characters - Now, I can't really force this one. I understand that some people prefer roleplay one or two characters and that's totally fine. But for me, I really enjoy when multiple personalities, backstories and motivations come together to shape the plot into something interesting. Don't get me wrong, I get the importance of main protagonists. But think of your favorite books, movies and games - many of them don't have just one character, right? So while this one is more of a preference than a rule, I'd really like to have a partner who can write several characters appropriately.
___~**~___
Table of Contents
(Original Roleplay Prompts)

You're going to find out that I put a lot of description, love and care within the stories I make. These prompts are very close to my heart so I’d love to find someone who can enjoy them too! I firmly believe that stories can have multiple genres and most of my prompts do as well. There is the central genre that shapes the story the largest, which eventually opens the door to other genres as well. I hope this helps with some of the confusion! Some prompts may be closed due to it already having a partner or even to the fact that it’s something I’m not craving at the moment. Note that these are just prompts. They can be re-written to fit our own needs. So if you have an idea or a craving, don’t hesitate to ask me! I may say no but I may be able to work something out. You never know until you ask!

[✓] The Children of Dawn [CLOSED]
vgoFJli.png

Short Description: “A goddess looks upon a young world and is disgusted by the growing wickedness and corruption. However, a curious earth spirit finds that five unlikely individuals who still remain pure of heart against all odds. In an effort to sway her mistress that there is still some good in humanity, the trickster spirits turns memories into magic and blesses each of the five with strange gifts. He instructs the chosen five that if they wish to be spared from his mistress’ wrath, they are to take these gifts of lost knowledge and journey to a world known as the Everdawn, where they can remind the goddess of pinnacle moments of humanity.”
Optional Pairing: [Any pairing!]
Genres: Fantasy, Adventure/Quest, Epic,
Notes: This one definitely has more of a fellowship feel to it, so I’m looking for someone whose ok playing multiple characters. It’s also fluid with romance or platonic relationships, so let me know what it is your looking for! Also, your characters can be any age! Most fantasy races are fine (generic or fandom), though if that is the case then we should do a bit of world building to establish consistency/lore. For any clarification, the traits represent hope, compassion, pursuit of freedom, valiance, & wisdom.

In the first dawn of a new world, before mankind was vast across the earth, the mortal races co-existed upon a small landmass known as Ardunia. A beautiful oasis, its first ancestors were blessed by the Emerald Mother, an earth goddess mankind called Enya. And for generations, the flourishing valley proved protection and nourishment for the people who resided there, watched over by the goddess and her faithful earth spirits.

But as time passed, the whims of man overwhelmed their desire to do good. Selfish princes became ruthless kings who oppressed their people. Monks lined their pockets with bribes to lay false blessings upon sinners. Soon, slave markets lined the streets in place of fruit stalls and narcotics flooded underground dens to claim the lives of many. The promised land that was Ardunia had become little more than a den of thieves and murderers. Prayers to the goddess grew less and less.

Enya looked upon the valley and seeing what had become of her children, she wept, regretting what she had made for those who no longer followed her. In anger, she planned for a way to wipe them from her sight completely.

But a spirit named Cyphos, a vineyard spirit of mirth, wagers and mischief, stumbled upon five persons whom not even he could justify tampering with - while their mortal natures left them flawed and imperfect, Cyphos found much light within their hearts.

The spirit relayed what he had found to his mistress, naming the persons the five lights and explaining the purity of their hearts. But Enya would not listen. For she believed that humanity by nature is tainted and that any soul regardless of their initial purity would eventually be corrupted. When Cyphos saw she would not spare humanity in its entirty, he offered his goddess a wager - a prospect of a new Dawn. if these five souls could show her the beauty of humanity, then she would spare them and any they saw worthy to live. If they could not, then they would perish with the rest of humanity. Enya, taking favor within her servant, agreed and gave him one year.

As is his nature, Cyphos began his quest with a trick - luring his mistress into a peaceful slumber, he searched through her ancient mind to find memories she still held dear. Stealing five of these memories, Cyphos lay magic upon them and carried them to the mortal world below. Through further mischief, he lured the five lights together and placed each memory upon each soul in the form of a gift:

To one, a silver star that shines even in the darkest nights.

To one, a golden flower that gives healing through sacrifice.

To one, a bestial strength that is untamed and wild in unbridled glory.

To one, a flame that burned at the sight of cruelty and injustice.

To one, a foresight that is heightened by humbleness and cautious pursuits.

The five lights were to use these gifts to pave the path to the new dawn, to a land above the valley and high over the clouds that Cyphos called the Everdawn - a place untainted by wickedness, made for them and any they believed were worth saving. For one year, they have the task of proving the truth worth of humanity.

[✓] The Ivory Maiden & the Guardians of Nern [CLOSED]
3906jD7.png

Premise: “A maiden, born with a heart made of magic pearl, sets off on a quest to resurrect four dead guardians trapped in a dreamscape called Nern. Nern, a realm lost to a curse, is under the control of a cruel wizard who plans to use the maiden's pearl heart to return to reality and enslave humanity through their dreams just as he did Nern. By awakening the four guardians, the maiden can stabilize the lost land, anchor it back to its true fate and sever the wizard’s grasp to the living world.”
Optional Pairing: [MxF - but also welcome FxF or MxM]
Genres: Fantasy, Adventure/Quest
Notes: The guardians can be any gender and I'm fine with playing all of them or each of us playing a few of them. Your characters can be any age! As always, there doesn’t have to be romance unless you want there to be! And also as always, I’m good with playing either part of the pairing!

Once upon a season, Nern was a vast and prosperous realm of mysterious beauty. The streets laid in moonstone, the poplar trees leaves shone like silver and it was said that the sun never set within the capital city of Larimar. And for generations, Nern was protect from all harm by the four great guardians - The Pale Knight, The Minstrel of Amber Run, The Scribe of the Silver Athenaeum and the Amethyst Huntress.

But as all things come to be, so do they come to an end. It's said that, within a single fortnight, an overwhelming slumber numbed the realm and cast it into a mist. The once revered and prosperous kingdom vanished under a spell, never to be heard of again. Eventually, the land of Nern became nothing more legend and the world forgot about the kingdom of beauty and pearl.

Years past and in the Hold of Arcsberg, the human kingdom within the woods in the west, a maiden is taken from peasantry to be betrothed to a prince. Though not by the love or pity, but through the greed of his thoughts - for this prince found, through news of his advisors, that the maiden possesses a wondrous gift. Through good deeds, she can produce pearls of wondrous wealth and beauty. And so the young prince, blinded by the greed of a luxurious life, takes the peasant girl to be his bride.

But one rainy night, the soon to be princess crosses paths with a cloaked sorcerer - a cryptic enchanter who has traveled far to find the Ivory maiden, the girl with the pearl heart capable of fantastical magic. The stranger taps into her pearl heart, enlightening her with the fate of Nern: There was a wizard Phylox of Arcania who learned how to control others through the phases of their dreams and nightmares. Through the power of dreams, he could connect the dreamscape to the real world (or the realscape) and pass anything he wanted between them. Fearing of what he could unleash upon reality with enough arcane knowledge, the four guardians of Nern rose forward to vanquish the wizard - Phylox was weakened, but not before he could destroy the guardians and trap Nern within his own twisted dreamscape where he could feed on their dreams and grow more powerful to return.

But hope was not completely lost. For in Nern's last moments, the four guardians gave their last good deed in the gift of their own lives. From their sacrifice, the guardians produced an iridescent peal of wondrous beauty and great magic that bloomed in the realscape - a pearl which is her. This pearl, the last remnant of the last land of Nern.

As soon as he grows powerful enough, he will use Nern's fallen dreams to return to the realm. The maiden is given a choice. She can remain here, a servant to a prince's greed. Or she can can use her gifts through the power of her pearl heart to resurrect the fallen guardians and free Nern from the terror of Phylox.

[✓] The Drowned Daughter - [CLOSED]
cwgxMhk.png

Premise: “In a coastal colony, a young inspector arrests a girl accused of murdering a physician's apprentice. But darker intent is uncovered when a cult claims the girl is the offspring of a vengeful sea god, one whom will shape her into his champion to flood the world and raise forth a new civilization.”
Optional Pairing: [MxF or FxF - I might consider MxM]
Genres: Dark Fantasy, Adventure/Quest, Romance, Horror
Notes: Romance is not necessary, but if you’d like that then I’m fine with playing either part! I feel like this one could range from Dark Fantasy to Steampunk to Historical, so let me know what setting you’d like. It definitely has some Lovecraftian influences! If you didn’t guess, this one is darker in tone so if you were looking for something super fluffy, this probably isn’t want you’re looking for.

The city of Coldmouth, a settlement within the seaside kingdom of Ebonrest, is rebuilding itself after a disastrous rainfall known as The Long Weep nearly flooded the territory completely. Once a prosperous shipyard and trading monopoly, Ebonrest has become little more than a darkening marshland surrounded by cliffs and crumbling coast. Even after the rain had stopped, order still spiraled into further unrest. Poverty rises as children are left as parentless street urchins, young women are forced to sell their bodies, and once trivial crimes now earn the accused quick trial and an even quicker drop at the gallows.

But worst still is the rising influence of a cult, a nefarious clan of white haired women who call themselves the Church of Evermourn. The Evermourners claim to be the disciples of a deep sea god, one whom they call Nepherion the Dark Father - A deformed, cruel deity often represented as an ever watching eye. Angered at the sounds of life above his waters, Neperhion has vowed to raise up a champion who will rile the waters and flood the world completely to wash away humanity, where he can then bring forth a new race that will worship him, and only him, as the almighty one.

Were this all the cultists said, little notice would have been made. Madness is rampant, religious less relied upon these days. But now, the cursed sea has given the local fishing towns a bounty of strange fish - fish with deformed faces, stretched mouths and boils all over their fins. Villagers have begun to vanish from their beds, only for their stripped bones to be found in the nets of frightened fishermen. Rumors begin spreading of the cultist's preachings and fear of their true power has come into question.

House Marñiques, the Ruling House of the Ebonrest, has sent three of its servant houses to secure stability within settlements. House D’Alvarde, the king's wardens, are sent to the Coldmouth coast to act as enforcers of the realm and to investigate the strange occurrences.

A young D'Alvarde (male or female) finds themselves the town inspector, eager to please their overbearing father to bring glory to their House. But one day, their deputy calls them to the scene of a particuarly heinous crime. The body of a physician's apprentice has been found mangled and disfigured by the port docks. The supposed murderer? A frightened, doe eyed girl with a symbol marked upon her body; the mark of the Church of Evermourn. With the circumstantial evidence in hand, the inspector has little choice but to arrest the girl and takes her into custody so she may stand trial.

Upon further interrogation, the girl reveals her side. She is indeed a daughter of the Church of Evermourn, the cult whom worships the Dark Father - The mark upon her body, a carving of a grotesque eye, holds gravity within the Evermourn cult. It is was told to her by the cultists that the girl was conceived by the dark god Nepherion, who planted his seed within the belly of a leviathan as it slept within the blackened waters. The pregnancy caused the beast great distress and it's fins thrashed the sea about. When the labor began, so did the Long Weep and the heavens rained for thirty days and thirty nights. On the last day, the leviathan washed upon the shore and died and the girl was found by the cult within the belly of the beast.

From there, she was raised under the watchful eye of the Evermourn's leader, whom she is called the Mother. But instead of embracing the doctrine of the sea god, the girl wishes to severe her bound with the water god all together, wanting to save humanity instead of destroying it. The doctor whose apprentice was murdered is actually one of many under the employ of the cult, told to assist in awakening the girl's "true eye."

The girl's trial commences and it's not long before the cult comes to reclaim their lost daughter, as the coastal skies darken and the deep god's anger rises. The inspector is eventually convinced by the girl's story and seeking to stop the prophecy, agrees to help the girl escape and find a way to remove the water god's curse on her.

[✓] The Windsor Awakening [CLOSED]
dnY8L6P.png

Short Description: “An exiled king arranges a team of misfits to rescue a gifted little girl from a fascist regime, who is planning to use her strange powers to resurrect their dead leader.”
Optional Pairing: [Any pairing!]
Genres:  Noir, Quest, Intrigue
Notes: It's an old plot revamped, so here's hoping the new changes suit it! I’m looking for someone whose ok playing multiple characters.

The small country of Ghanivia has just closed a bloody chapter in their history - a civil war between their centuries old monarchy and a fledging multiple party union. With the throws of war behind them now, the winning monarchy finally sought to rebuild this small sovereign state back to its former glory. But that was before a radical fascist party known as The Black Mamba seized control when Ghanivia was still recovering from war. Their leader Josef Windsor is a cruel and ruthless man who, after overseeing the assassination the the royal family, plans to initial the construction of a new republic where his fascist ideas can grow and fester.

Medical institutes are established to 'rehabilitate' those who cannot conform. Prison camps are on the rise. Fascist tabloids spin rumors to blind the public to the true sinister nature of the Black Mamba. Those who openly speak of the monarchy are executed. Those who cannot conform are condemned as criminals.

On this war path, Ghanivia will become a totalitarian state. But only a year after the Black Mamba’s rise to power, rumors have began to spread of a child from a backwater mountain town who is said to possess the fire of life and is believed to have the power to bring the dead back to the land of the living. And now, she's been captured by the Black Mamba, who intend to bring the assassinated Josef Windsor back to life so that the Supreme Chancellor can solidify their hold permanently.

The country's sole surviving monarch, who now runs an underground gambling ring to fund an uprising against the dictatorship, assembles a team of outcasts (mercenaries, criminals, spies, ex-military, supporters, etc.) to find the girl before the deed can be done. The task is simple. Smuggle the child out of the country and, in the process, ensure that one of the country’s most bloodthirsty dictator stays six feet under.

Details: Freeform, paragraphs required, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played one-on-one.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Master Thread - Original Roleplays (CLOSED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus