Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Helpful(?) Music

MasterWinter

Hi all, Winter here.

So we all have different tastes in music, that much is a given. Not everyone is going to like something, even if someone highly recommends it. But I thought to share some music (or rather artists), that I've found via other people or Facebook, that have helped relax me.

Now most of us cannot just sit and listen to music for one reason or another. So if you got stuff to do, and if you can listen to music as well, go for it. If you have time to yourself, even just five minutes, maybe something here will help you.

Will anyone find these useful? I don't know. It's for you to decide if you like them or not, and if you find them useful or not.

So listed below are some of my suggestions. These have done wonders for me, when I've taken the time to listen to them. Maybe they will do wonders for you.

In the words of LeVar Burton: "But! You don't have to take my word, for it."
  • Danheim

About: Danheim is a Nordic folk/Viking inspired project from the Copenhagen-based Danish producer Mike Olsen, a man with 8 years of experience in electronic and ambient music - focusing on Nordic Folk and Viking age inspired music with a certain Nordic authenticity or mood. Danheim's music is often composed of ideas and stories based on the darker side of the Viking period, inspired or consisting of Nordic mythology, old Danish folklore, and a vivid imagination.

Quoted from their YouTube page which is linked above.
  • Adrian von Ziegler

About: Welcome to the Pack!
    I'm a composer from Switzerland who creates Celtic Music, Emotional Music, Relaxing Music, Dark Music, Oriental Music, Fantasy Music, Movie Scores, Metal and many other genres.

Quoted from his YouTube page which is linked above.
  • Antti Martikainen

About: Unfortunately the only thing in the about section, is legal information. But please give this channel a look, the music is well worth it in my opinion!
  • BrunuhVille

About: BrunuhVille is an independent composer from Portugal who creates a world of magic and fantasy between the fusion of Emotional,Orchestral,Celtic,Folk,Movie,Ethnic and World music.

Quoted from his YouTube page which is linked above.
  • ClassicFM (Facebook page)

About: It's the official Facebook page of Classic FM, the UK's favourite classical music station.

Quoted from the official FB page.

I discovered the FB page via a friend of mine on FB. They have many videos that I've yet to watch, but the two I've seen from it have been good. One video has this posted above before watching: "For a smile and to lift the spirits... Concerto in B minor for 4 violins, RV 580 from the VivaldiGuys."

So in the vid these two gentleman play the oboe instead of violins. It's surprisingly very good in my opinion.

While scrolling through their feed, trying to find the other video I have watched, I found this one vid with this text posted above before watching: "For anyone who needs some magic and inspiration...
    Ten-year old Alexandra Dovgan plays Mendelssohn's Piano Concerto. (via medici.tv)"

Ah! Another video I re-discovered I'd seen from this page: "Violinists play the famous 'Titanic' hymn... but in the toilet paper aisle of the supermarket. In life jackets. We applaud their service"

There is another video, I'm giving up trying to find the one I saw (watch I'll soon find it now that I quit looking): "A moment of mediation and reflection in music. This is 'Ne Irascaris Domine' by Renaissance composer William Byrd, sung by Voces8"

I hope at least someone finds these to be helpful as I have!

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Helpful(?) Music

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus