Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » On The 7th Day (OPEN)

Vladimir (played by HRA)

A small, nearly insignificant patrol boat, barely any danger, was passing through the same sector of space that The Director and Vague was in. The boat, named the Smith after the captain (as was tradition for the smallest ships), was simply scanning and checking things out. They didn't notice the other ship quite yet.
The Director (played by Cipher)

(Vague, if you want, you can stay on the ship while we meet Vladimir, or you can go ahead and got o Earth.)
Oda'asai (played by PANGAEA) Topic Starter

(I suppose I'll remain on the ship)

In getting the sudden news of the nearby boat the transverse made the easy decision of remaining on the ship in case it'd be any possible threat to its mission. It was also another opportunities to gather more identities. Whatever the case, Vague was quick to return the Director, "There's a patrol boat scanning the area. Should I interfere?"

"Go. Make sure you take them alive." The Director hurried to the battle deck, and left Vague to his new mission.
Vladimir (played by HRA)

"Smith, you looking at the scans? Its picking up some weird crap," Their 2nd Lieutenant reported, checking and cross referencing the scanner's info. Apparently, there was another ship. Some ship of a size and class... that they didn't know. All they knew was it was bigger than them, and it was of another nationality.

"Yes, I'm looking through it... Sarge, ready the main guns... I want those four 800mms online and fast. Ready the missiles and torpedo bays. Raise the shields, and send them a message signal." Captain Smith ordered, looking around. They were going on full alert. "Get the soldiers armed and ready. If we're boarded, we're putting up a big fight,"

The Master Gunnery sergeant and the Master Sergeant nodded and disappeared. The ship's alarms turned yellow and, while there was no noise, they understood the message. All the lights were still on, but the men moved twice as fast. This was how an HRA ship reacted. Fast, and precise.

"This is the Patrol Boat Smith, requesting identification,"

(BTW, the ship isn't that large. Sure, on paper it looks huge, but just so you guys know it only has two 800mm guns on either side, and a few missiles and torpedoes. It only holds around 200 men: 50 for the crew, and 140 soldiers, 9 officers, and the captain.)

"This is the Patrol Boat Smith, requesting identification."
The Director opened the communication computer, and calculated his next move.
Quick scans, and simple observation showed that they were preparing their defenses.
Time, would be his ally this time.

"This is Captain Raedrick of Fyria. Your ship does not appear on our databases. Identify."
Vladimir (played by HRA)

"This is the Patrol Boat Smith, of the HRA Empire. What are you doing in this sector?" Smith asked, and looked at the scanners. Nothing was happening over there, really. As far as he could tell. And his men? Well, they were now ready for an assault, but he didn't think it'd come down to that.

Keeping up the persona of Captain Raedrick of Fyria, The Director was quick to respond.
"We are patrolling this sector of space for the Fyrian Empire." The Director recalled a faint memory of an operation to reduce this civilization. "What are you doing in this region of space?"
Quickly he sent a message to Vague to commence the infiltration.
Vladimir (played by HRA)

"More or less what you're doing here. Tell me, Captain, where is your ship heading?" Smith asked, and knew it was an answer that was either true, or really well thought out.
Johnson (played by HvyArtillery)

(Hey, this sounds pretty awesome, can I join up?)
Vladimir (played by HRA)

(Sure, I don't see why not?)

(Alright thanks! :D)
Meanwhile, in orbit over Earth...

Captain Johnson couldn't help but grin as he stepped onto the bridge of UNS Liberty. The Liberty was the accumulation of the efforts of American, Russian, European, and Chinese scientists. The first warp-capable Human ship that was known to the general population of Earth, not secreted away in some obscure government organization. The Liberty was large, twice the size of the largest sea-faring aircraft carrier and was equipped with the best technology the nations of Earth had to offer. Though considered a ship of exploration by the people of Earth, the Liberty was armed to the teeth. Four main cannons, ten directed beam arrays, four torpedo launchers, turrets, and mass drivers protected the ship, along with two wings of six fighters stored in the ships launch bay. Along with the fighters, the ship had four shuttles, six drop ships, and one survey craft. The Liberty had a crew 8000 strong, each member specializes in different fields of expertise.
Johnson sat down in the captain's chair in the center of the bridge as the Liberty pulled out of Earth's gravitational well, headed for the Moon and preparing for it's five year mission of exploration.
Johnson was content to stare at the viewscreen, watching the stars until the Ensign who was manning the Radar console spoke up. "Sir, I'm detecting two unknown objects sitting on the edge of our sensor range."
Johnson sat a little straighter. "Plot an intercept course. Let's see what we have here..."

"Prime our cannons, and send our operatives now." The Director issued orders for defenses to be made, now since a second ship has entered orbit. He turned back to Vladimir. "As I had stated earlier, we are patrolling a region outside of Fyrian territory to secure our borders. Also, we are urgently being recalled back to Fyria, so if you would acknowledge this.

A thought process ran through the Director's head.

[...calculating next action.]
[chances of peace; 10 percent.]
[chances of violent confrontation; 90 percent.]
[logical assumption: fire first]
Oda'asai (played by PANGAEA) Topic Starter

Vague picked up on a few details and sat itself at a computer, quick to pull up an image of the president of HRA and immediately adopted the new phase. It turned to a former member of the ship, "Get me someone who can change location my transmission to the HRA Empire. They cannot know that the transmission is coming from this ship. Be quick."

It redirected its gaze to the director, putting a hand up, gesturing him to hold up until he could start with the transmission. There was a high chance that it would be successful though there was no true guarantee due to both ships being on the brink of firing. In no longer than a minute Vague had someone to make this false transmission work and it began its life long studied facade as it sat before the screen, sending in a message of confirmation to the patrol ship to accept the transmission.

As the Liberty drew closer to the other vessels, Johnson ordered that communications to be opened on all frequencies.
"This is Capetian Johnson of the UNS Liberty, representing the nations of Earth. Identify yourselves immediately."
Johnson then turned to another officer on the bridge. "Tell the crew to stand-by on battle stations. I have a feeling things are about to get very ugly, very fast."
Vladimir (played by HRA)

"Nations of Earth? When will they ever learn. Ahh well, Smith. I came from Russia. I get it. Open up a transmission on all levels. If the HRA Empire wants to reach us, they'll have to use Gold Channel." Vladimir ordered from his seat in the Captain's chair. He didn't know why he chose a patrol boat.

"Yes, Sir, FeldMarschall. Right away," Smith replied, and began locking out other transmissions, and focusing on this single one. So far, three completely DIFFERENT ships of three different Empires were convened here... all by circumstance? One should hope so.

"Sir, enemy's weapon systems are charging up. Looks big, sir. All weapons are online now, sir. They're ready to fire," The Lieutenant replied, and Smith looked alarmed. Not another engagement.

"Lieutenant, didn't the Bismarck start out like this before? And wasn't Ascrith captured in a same way?" Smith asked, and looked at the screen.

"Yes, why?"

"Don't fire on everyone. This time, our pride should be put aside for a bit,"

"Comms up!"

Vladimir got up, and stretched his arms out, rearranging his trench coat. Such an interesting morning it was. He had many thoughts in his head, and began to formulate them through the process of speech.

"Johnson, Raedrick, I am Generalfeldmarschall Vladimir Lenin of the HRA Empire. Congratulations. You have found out that I am aboard this ship. I applaud you, Raedrick. Johnson, this is the Patrol Boat Smith. We are simply conducting a patrol of the system. We are sorry if we happened to intrude.

As for you, Raedrick. We may be a patrol boat, BUT... You have two choices. Power down your weapons, or have a rather interesting story to tell. Our defense grids and offensive weapons are online now. You may see it as small, but I assure you this. You will find them powerful enough." Vladimir said, a grin forming on his face. "For a few seconds,"

He muted his end, and thought for a second, looking at Smith. "Smith," He said. "Aren't we in a trade agreement with Fyria? Didn't that require them to... NOT send patrols into our sector of space? Which, just so amazingly, happens to be right... where... we're patrolling, which is up to the boundaries of Earth Alliance, if I may so call them?"

"I think so. Want me to check?"

"Yes. Send the Fyrian's a message. Priority. Code it in... Ancient Krieg. That should confuse some people for a bit. Also, open a private channel with the Liberty. I have to talk to them for a second."

"Very well, sir." Smith said, and got down to work for a bit before thinking of something rather important. "Sir?"

"Yes, Smith?"

"I think they're chances of buying that bull about you patrolling this sector is zero."

"Why?"

"Because you're a GFM. Why would you be on this ship?"

"Sir, the gunboat's captain wishes to speak to you on a secure channel." A Lieutenant reported.

Johnson stroked his beard. "Put him through." He decided before turning to his tactical officer.

"Keep an eye on the big ship, it's charging weapons. Also bring shields online as a precaution."

Johnson turned back to the view screen, warily eying the image of the two other ships. He had no doubt that the Liberty could take the larger ship, just as long as the gunboat wasn't going to rush to the defense of it.

"Sir, the channel is open."

Johnson stood up, out of the command chair and asked. "What can I help you with, captain?"

An impasse.
The Director gave the order to power the weapons down.
If they were trying to disengage diplomacy, that meant his facade is starting to falter.

"Keep weapons primed, but let Vague send the transmission to this, HRA ship."

The Director quickly moved to another communications room, and began a transmission to the Liberty craft.

Not bothering with a lie, the Director coldly answered him.

"This is the Void Intelligence Agency. You are in violation of interrupting operations. We know that you are armed, but we are as well. Disengage your weapons, and no one will perish this day."
Vladimir (played by HRA)

"Captain Johnson, I don't think this man is who he says he is. Now, I know the HRA Empire has been on mostly good terms with the Earth Alliance, if I may, but he may be trying to stop me from getting to wherever I need to go. If you decide to fire upon them, we will not waste time, and we will attack back. We just need the support of you if they decide to attack us. Then we can talk about this at the next port. Agreed?" Vladimir asked, and sighed. He needed to get out of this mess now. And fast.

"Send this message on all frequencies." Johnson ordered.

"Attention both alien vessels, I am not sure of the background of your dispute, but you both are intruding on Human space. I politely asked you both to stand down and withdraw from Earthen space. If you refuse and attempt to maintain your position with force..." Johnson hesitated before continuing. "... it will be considered an act of war against the Earth Alliance and I will be obligated to fire upon the transgressing vessel."

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » On The 7th Day (OPEN)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus