Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Selling/trading characters?

Deumeawyn

This might be a stupid question but I will ask it anyway.

Is there a way to transfer a character page from one account to to another account when they are sold or traded?

I’ve seen people ‘sell’ their characters in the Art and Creativity forum and was curious if that was what they were doing. I can’t see how else it would work other than saving the character sheet and sending it to the new owner of the character and they recreate a new page for them.
Sanne Moderator

There's no way to transfer character pages that doesn't require some back-end fiddling on Kim's behalf (which only happens for really special cases, such as a potential bug or other issues that aren't part of normal RPR operations).

When people sell characters, they usually sell the concept and/or design, like custom artwork, but they typically create their own pages and populate it with their own content. If any existing content is transferred then it's likely done in some way similar to what you're describing.
Deumeawyn Topic Starter

Hi Sanne! Thank you for this answer. The more I thought about it the more it seemed impossible. I wasn’t thinking clearly when I asked.

You are on: Forums » Help » Selling/trading characters?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus