Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » PSA Please!

I have noticed a few things, and I have a few things to say in response. Perhaps this is me simply screaming into the void, perhaps this is less of a PSA and more of a passionate rant but...

It’s alright to say it, right now things SUCK, not just because of a virus but because we find ourselves isolated from our friends and family, we find money is tight, and all around the world is just a little scarier than it was in 2019. Through all of this I implore you, be kind.

The human capacity for kindness is one of the most marvelous things imaginable. Our ability to turn the other cheek and see things from another's perspective, to practice sympathy, empathy, and generosity, is something that truly has made us as a people greater than if we did not have it.

For this I say, no matter the stress we are under, it takes no energy to simply be kind. We do not know what others are going through, we do not know their hardships, or what they are thinking, or what they are feeling. And while the severity of others' hardship does not diminish our own, or what it means in our personal lives, our own difficulties will never be so severe as to warrant being cruel to each other.

We must think before we speak, before we type, before we lash out. Think of what our words might mean from another's point of view. And think of the unintended consequences of our actions before they come to pass. Where do our words and actions come from? Are they born of stress and emotion, or of logic and with empathy in mind?

If we find we need help, remember it is alright to reach out. If we find we need support, it is OKAY to ask for help. We are not alone, and as stressful as everything is, we can not afford to let kindness and civility fall to the wayside.

Please, I implore all of us to practice mindfulness in these trying times. I ask that all of us, no matter how grumpy, or tired, or angry, to please, PLEASE think before we speak or act. We do not need to be friendly, we do not need to be wells of positive support. It is okay to be tired, and grumpy, but it is never okay to be cruel because of stress we all must bear.
Novus

source.gif

preach
Extra kindness and empathy is needed in this time. Thank you for the reminder! <3 I love you, friend!

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » PSA Please!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus