Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » A Different Kind of Contest

TheLily

So, as you might know, I'm a character collector. I usually toss 'em up half formed, forget about them and never play them. I've got three designs I want characters to go with. What I'm going to do is do a contest since I'm feeling lazy.

What do you need to do?

Write a short bio and history for the character of your choosing. It doesn't have to be long, it just has to be enough for me to work off of. You don't need to write 100 pages.
The longer and more detailed, the better your chances, though.

What can you win?

Well, unused characters (found here -these are all old adoptable designs by people who have given me permission to trade or have deactivated their accounts and I have no way to contact) or one month of epic. I know it's not much, but I don't have much to give right now.

What characters?

There are three characters and there will be three winners. One for each. I might not use yours, but you can still win!

1. jacket_by_fictiontoart-d6hrwqe.jpg

2. dragon_adopt__closed__by_meowimacow-d6cqr1j.png (just to be clear, she is a dragon)

3. marble_by_madratbird-d6bqgh2.png

All three have second pictures you can see if you ask.

When do you need to finish these?
By the 15th of September. Prizes of monetary value may come a little later after that, but I assure you they will come.
Sooooooo... yeah
Oooooo i love doing this kind of stuff! When is the deadline?
TheLily Topic Starter

Added an end date. Thank-you Celestina.
Theo Bradshaw (played anonymously)

Well, this could be just the thing to get me back into writing. A little jump start. Number one already has a little idea formin'.

http://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=26022 My quick submission for character #1!

Character will be deleted after you let me know you've taken all the information, I just found it a lot easier to write on RPR than anything else. :P

Hope ya' enjoy it.
TheLily Topic Starter

Theo Bradshaw wrote:
http://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=26022 My quick submission for character #1!

Character will be deleted after you let me know you've taken all the information, I just found it a lot easier to write on RPR than anything else. :P

Hope ya' enjoy it.

Oh my god. That is amazing! I think you just set the bar!

Well, I'm certainly glad you like it! :3
TheLily Topic Starter

Just a reminder that there are three prizes open and three characters!

Think of it as a fun writing exercise with prizes as a bonus. I thought it was quite fun to work on something with a base model to draw inspiration from! :)
My entry for character 2 - the Dragon looking thing.

Forgive me if I don’t cobble it into a page like Theo there.

Thanks for reading!

Quick Stats

Name (informal): Tammy
Name (formal): Tamatebako
Species: Dragon
Age: In human years? A lot. Not immortal, however. Important distinction there.
Height: Usually either A: Approximately the size necessary to blend in as a human; or, B: Approximately the size necessary to eat a human. There are some other non-standard sizes, but they don’t see a lot of use.
Weight: Usually a little or a lot.
Eyes: Green
Hair: Blue

Bio

Dragons, much like other semi-immortal entities, have always had something of a love/hate relationship with humans.

One century, the glorified apes are giving you ridiculously reverent names, showering you with precious metals, and depositing the occasional virgin at the mouth of the cave.*

The next, they’re looking to mount your head on a wall.

Tamatebako (or Tammy, as she preferred to be called, at least when not actively being worshipped), had suspected something was up when the tribute stopped flowing and her shrine guardians, ordinarily a pretty good looking bunch, started to get a little long in the tooth. Then, she got wind about some Arthur fellow out west with a circular table he was way too proud of and a penchant for dragon slaying.

Long story short, some of her friends stopped writing back.

That was about the point where Tammy concluded five hundred years being the Luminous Pearl of the Sea and the Sky (or whatever it was her peeps had been calling her - she rarely paid attention) was quite enough. She felt she had earned a little vacation. Thus, she did what the Greek and Roman pantheon, to say nothing of the Egyptian set and that bloodthirsty lot in the America’s (with names she couldn’t pronounce - lots of I’s and X’s) had done a thousand years before - retreated to MyTH.

The humans, of course, assumed that meant she had faded from existence - become a being to be remembered via those sculptures they claimed bore her likeness.

They were absolutely awful sculptures.

Seriously, she did not have a nose like that.

In fact, no one has a nose like that - it looked like someone had stapled a tube sock to a shark.

Tammy still regretted not eating the guy who made it.**

Regardless, MyTH (or My Timeless Home, as it was properly called), was a little more real than the mortals gave it credit for. Further, as far as Tammy was concerned, it was the best club in town. Where else could you spend the evening getting hammered with a shadowy mass so horrible the humans never came up with a name for it, proceed to “borrow” Apollo’s chariot, and use it to buzz the Hubble.

Give those punks at NASA something to talk about.***

In short, MyTH had a lot to recommend it. And it wasn’t like it was a one way trip. Every now and again, someone got to wondering if their Shrine was still around, or if their name had been attached to an automobile, or if the humans had done anything remarkably cool or remarkably stupid lately.

They almost always had. Done something stupid, I mean.

But even Tammy, once in awhile, had to go and see for herself. It was, usually, a good reminder as to why she had left.

*Always more of a hassle than an enticement, in Tammy’s opinion.

**Tammy always imagined herself as less of a constructive critic and more of a digestive one.

***A satellite had winged her one night. Have you ever been hit by a satellite? One with all those weird antenna and what-not poking out? It stings. A lot.
Hosnap I forgot about this XD

Do you want an RPR page made for them or just all the info of it? I don't have any extra page slots rofl
TheLily Topic Starter

Jinxy11 wrote:
My entry for character 2 - the Dragon looking thing.

Forgive me if I don’t cobble it into a page like Theo there.

Thanks for reading!

I love it. The tongue-in-cheek humour is awesome, especially the note about the satellite!
CelestinaGrey wrote:
Hosnap I forgot about this XD

Do you want an RPR page made for them or just all the info of it? I don't have any extra page slots rofl

It doesn't have to be in the form of an RPR page. :3
If the deadline is the 15th, do we still have the 15th to be able to put an entry in or is that when everything shuts down?
TheLily Topic Starter

Everything shuts down this morning, actually. Sorry. It looks like getting prizes out is pretty easy to choose.
Ah, darnit! Didn't have time to do it this morning since church xD Ah well, I'll send you what I've got anyways so you can have a backstory for each character!

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » A Different Kind of Contest

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus