Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Style design limits for public use Question

Mipps

Hey I have a question for Kim +Mods on the boundaries of Style/template creations .
I understand that private custom templates are likely fine if they are considered NSFW and the profile has the appropriate warning tags....

But what if the template is set to be public for all epic users in the database? I have seen some free templates have blood in them.

Obviously, anything with nudity or sexually explicit material I can see being taken down.
But what about templates of individuals in say… lingerie?
What about images containing blood… or for example a vampire biting into a heart? A werewolf eating a deer? Or… just part of a face with blood around the mouth? What about depictions of drug or drug use?

Because there is already a template silhouette with blood in it I assume that to some level blood is allowed.. but what exactly is the line on what’s permissible and what’s not?
Kim Site Admin

Some blood is fine. Organs or bones outside of the body are generally a rule of thumb about where we draw the line on gore for public display, so your "vampire biting into a heart" would likely not be appropriate for a public style.

Lingerie is generally fine, so long as the important bits are covered and the individual in question is not, uh... doing certain things with their hands or other objects? >.> <.< If you can see the amount of covering in the photo being socially acceptable at a public beach in the US it's probably fine.

Depictions of drug use come up so infrequently I can't even recall the guidelines right now.
Mipps Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
Some blood is fine. Organs or bones outside of the body are generally a rule of thumb about where we draw the line on gore for public display, so your "vampire biting into a heart" would likely not be appropriate for a public style.

Lingerie is generally fine, so long as the important bits are covered and the individual in question is not, uh... doing certain things with their hands or other objects? >.> <.< If you can see the amount of covering in the photo being socially acceptable at a public beach in the US it's probably fine.

Depictions of drug use come up so infrequently I can't even recall the guidelines right now.

Thank you! that's very helpful!

You are on: Forums » Help » Style design limits for public use Question

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus