Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Looking for writers and investigative journalists

Kim Site Admin

Our community is full of amazing writers and amazing ideas, and we want to showcase some of that!

I am seeking to commission a handful of writers to create articles that will appear in the news, the help section, or both. I'm compiling a list of names of people I can turn to when I find a topic that is crying out to be written about. This will almost always involve you being tasked with going out into our community and finding a diverse range of members to interview about your assigned topic.

We have a few candidates already, and if you know you're one of them, don't panic! You aren't being fired. We just really want to make sure we're hearing from a wide range of voices on the site. :)

If you are interested in writing for the RP Repository, and you have the following attributes, please message me your prices, a writing sample (preferably non-fiction), and any experience you have with journalism (if any):

Concise language - As tempting as it is to carefully clarify everything you say, our members are busy and want to get back to their RPs quickly! Being able to say a lot with a little, in plain language, is a major feature that I am looking for.

Fair and open minded - When interviewing members, you may come across RP styles that aren't to your taste or ideas that you don't immediately agree with. Whilst some things will turn out to be inappropriate for the theme of your article, I'd ask that you be the sort of person that deeply considers all points of view and might include counterpoint arguments in your articles where appropriate.

Able to boil down large concepts to their essential nougaty center

Good time management - If your article is related to a special event, you may be asked to meet some inflexible deadlines, or to tell us that you are too busy if you know you won't be able to meet that specific deadline so we can look for someone with an open schedule during that period.

Diplomatic and inquisitive - Most articles will more than likely involve interviewing other members! You will need to be able to locate and approach appropriate interviewees, and leave them feeling like the interview was a good experience even if you don't necessarily agree with their viewpoint.

Basic English writing skills

Still interested? Message me your prices, a non-fiction writing sample (or link to one), and your qualifications. :)

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Looking for writers and investigative journalists

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus