Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2020 » UPDATED Plan for Batteries, Gate, and Enemies

We're almost there!

Dinobots drain the batteries and xenos damage the gate. The most important thing is to respectively keep those enemies away from those things!

The gold battery is charged. Keep dinobots off it, but let the xenos stay! So long as we keep those dinobots away from it, we don't need to access it again. Letting the xenos build up on it will help prevent more dinobots from spawning on it.

Same for the gate, just reverse the enemies. Destroy any xenos that appear on it, but leave the dinobots.

For the red battery, it's a little more complicated.
  1. Go for fast-kill dinobots first to minimize drain. If reasonable, kill multiple in a round.
  2. Proceed to stronger dinobots.
  3. Next up, start with the strongest xenos first.
  4. Proceed to weaker xenos. If we're nearing the end of the hour, leave anything less than a hulk. This way, those weaker xenos will reduce the appearance of hulks and dinobots.

And remember: every quest submitted has a chance to cause a respawn!

Before
Since xenos damage the gate and dinobots drain the batteries, I have a plan to offer:

For the time being, stick to management rather than real pushes. Leave all xenos on batteries alone to block out dinobots. Leave all dinobots on the gate alone to block out xenos. Gather to kill xenos on the gate and dinos on the gold battery as quickly as possible. (The red battery has no charge to drain, let's just go ahead and leave it that way for now. Update: The gate is down, no more more need to protect it from additional xenos for now.)

If we do things right, we'll get 9 xenos blocking anything new from appearing on the battery, which means no fear of dinobots draining it; and we'll have 8 dinobots on the gate with the imperial xenobeast, blocking anything else and keeping the gate safe except for the imperial itself.

We can then focus on the following:
  1. Murder the imperial xenobeast your very best. The gate can't be accessed until that thing's gone anyway, and it's almost certainly damaging the gate in the meantime.
    • A strategy suggested by Dndmama: "Imperial strategy thought. Since they easily one shot us, but every attack has a chance to summon dragons, never wait for full health. Attack every five minutes. Let yourself get taken out so the dragons can take as many shots as possible. You might get lucky. This only applies to normal attacks though. With one shots like rocket launchers it might be best to have full health to give a better chance of hitting." I'll add that that you're slightly less likely to get hit when using a piercing weapon!
  2. Queue up your completed quests. This can be done by saving drafts or by attempting to submit counts while the battery is blocked by enemies. When the battery opens up, queued quests are animated for attention. For quests that allow multiple submissions, you can also keep a text file or something to store those additional entries.
  3. Keep gathering resources (playing Doubutt, exploring and gazing every 30 minutes, and being generally active on the site to "catch" things). Most valuable items are:
    • Energy weapons (ray guns and flintlock pistols)
    • Single-use weapons (grenades, cannons, rockets)
    • Party hats (regular and super)
    • Stimspray and medicinal plants
    • Space scrap

We can do this, folks!
PLEASE PEOPLE

PLEASE FOLLOW THIS ABOVE POST
Zelphyr Topic Starter

Added a strategy as stated by Dndmama:
Quote:
Imperial strategy thought. Since they easily one shot us, but every attack has a chance to summon dragons, never wait for full health. Attack every five minutes. Let yourself get taken out so the dragons can take as many shots as possible. You might get lucky.

This only applies to normal attacks though. With one shots like rocket launchers it might be best to have full health to give a better chance of hitting.

I'll add that that you're slightly less likely to get hit when using a piercing weapon!

And we will still need folks who can handle a few rounds on rollovers!
Rogue-Scribe

Good to get some clarity on what I'm doing. :)
Dragonfire Moderator

Fffft, this is so important. Please, follow this plan.

The gate has been completely destroyed - we figured it might happen with the Imperial raging over it, so it's not a real surprise - so it's no longer a defensive priority.

But the golden battery still has charges on it, and we'd had it full of xenobeasts earlier this morning, which was great! Until someone killed a few of them, and we had cyborg-saurs spawn in their place, and we don't have enough players able to get rid of them. :<

Please, please do not kill the xenobeasts on the golden battery!
Rogue-Scribe

I don’t think many come here to read strategy. They just charge in and start fighting a random monster. That’s what I did the first couple days.

Sad about the gate. I’m all stocked up on junk to throw at it should it ever gets cleared again.
Zelphyr Topic Starter

Shadow-Ranger wrote:
I don’t think many come here to read strategy. They just charge in and start fighting a random monster. That’s what I did the first couple days.

Sad about the gate. I’m all stocked up on junk to throw at it should it ever gets cleared again.
Besides Discord, its the best we have to communicate, so we post and we hope.

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2020 » UPDATED Plan for Batteries, Gate, and Enemies

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus