Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » is this just a plane or falling meteor??

nindyaru

I am still feeling really shocked because I think I just saw a real falling meteor. I took a video of it and showed it to my friends but they said maybe it's just a plane. I am started to think that maybe it's really just a plane but what do you guys think??

I don't know how to post video here so I uploaded it to my facebook and put the url here:

meteor or plane???

can you see the video?
I can see the video. And the way it's angled down does make it look like a meteor. I don't know.
My internet sucks... Link is still loading XD

Edit: It's possible that it's a meteor since jets that look like that usually go upward, not downward and their tails leave a long trail of smoke. This is definitely a meteor.... *GASP* IT'S LITERALLY THE END OF THE WORLLLDDDD!!!!
It seems too high up to be a jet or a threat -- though it is a pretty impressive display. Whatever it is, the trail isn't sticking around long enough to really make me think that it's anything that'll be making an impact, and will likely burn up before it can cause any real damage.

I read that 1998 OR2 was supposed to pass yesterday, but it's so far away (over 3 million miles away from us!) that it wouldn't have been that visible in the daylight. :'>
That is most definitely like a plane. For a meteor and its trail to be so clearly visible during daylight, it would have to be very close, meteors are also extremely fast, so it wouldn't have lasted on video so long, they usually come in a flash and disappear immediately, as they are hard to spot, even during the night.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » is this just a plane or falling meteor??

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus