Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » LF D&D 5E Group (Discord/Roll20) (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

So here's something I've needed for a while (years, even), but been far too shy to even post about, because of the anxiety related to real-time chat, but...

I'm looking for a D&D 5E group (of players aged 16+; 18+ prefered). I have a little experience playing 5th edition (mostly in-person) and a lot of experience watching D&D livestreams. I've also had plenty of experience with other RP systems in a text-based environment.

I'm seeking a group that plays by real-time text chat. I don't really have a mic at present and am less comfortable using one anyway (plus can't use one at later hours anyway as I live with family). Also note that I very rarely actually use discord, so my familiarity of it is limited; however I am willing to use it for this purpose (or Roll20, which I haven't really used at all, beyond making a profile way back).

What I'm hoping for is a group that is open to homebrew content. particularly where races are concerned. I have a handful of homebrew races already set out for some of the characters I have on RPR, such as the Arcanaculus race for my character Xá'Taren and a homebrewed race based on the Guardian Spirits from the Ori franchise, for my character Seren. I try to balance my homebrew content in comparison to other races though, so I don't believe I've ever really created anything overpowered.

I don't mind forming a new group with interested parties or joining an existing one, but I don't think I'm ready to DM in this format at quite this time, particularly with anxiety issues etc.

Timezone isn't a huge issue for me, particularly during quarantine. I'm on BST/GMT, but generally gravitate toward being nocturnal anyway.

I'm not hugely picky thematically, though I'm not big on adult themes. I don't think I would mind too much with other players being involved in adult themes (as long as it's mostly fade-to-black), but I would not be comfortable in an RP that would require me to also partake in them. Generally I play agender/asexual characters.
Magic 80%
Magic is common.
Technology 30%
Renaissance
Combat 60%
Combat is woven into the storyline and could come to the forefront if the characters seek it out.
Romance 10%
Romantic themes are possible, but won't pan out. For example: unrequited love.

Details: Character sheets & strict mechanics, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » LF D&D 5E Group (Discord/Roll20) (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus