Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Blarg

Why is life so mundane? I feel like going skydiving or something. Or traveling somewhere.
Lumaslily

I blame Corona for this.
Abigail_Austin Topic Starter

Lumaslily wrote:
I blame Corona for this.

Thank you. :) Corona ain't innocent in this, that's for sure!

There's a reason why I literally spent an hour in the candles/air freshener/aromatherapy aisle of the grocery store a few weeks ago for fun---that was the most fun thing there was to do! Lol. Maybe I need to go back there....lol.

Actually we broke down and went to a restaurant today...and sanitized ourselves afterwards. But yeah...first time at a restaurant in 2 months.
Rogue-Scribe

Abigail_Austin wrote:
Actually we broke down and went to a restaurant today...and sanitized ourselves afterwards. But yeah...first time at a restaurant in 2 months.

Must have been nice. Doesn’t it feel like one needs to go through a strip-down air-lock decontamination process once they come back in the door?

Which reminds me... I need to go out to the grocery store today...
Abigail_Austin Topic Starter

Shadow-Ranger wrote:
Abigail_Austin wrote:

Must have been nice. Doesn’t it feel like one needs to go through a strip-down air-lock decontamination process once they come back in the door?

Which reminds me... I need to go out to the grocery store today...

Yes and no. It's complicated. So I'll collapse this long comment. But anyway, have a good grocery store run!

LOL. Well...after touching the exit door especially, and also the numbers on the debit card reader to put your pin number in. Yeah.

But to be honest, I have trouble worrying too much about the rest of it. I've read the articles that talk about how the virus particles stay in the air something like 2 hours after someone has been there and just simple breathed (because apparently breathing releases very light particles in the air that stay in circulation for a while). And I've read the articles about how N-95 masks only filter above a certain sized particle, and how the size of virus particles vary but are sometimes smaller, so bottom line social distancing is still the best way to keep from getting the virus. I've read all that and talked to some of my friends in the healthcare industry, and so if my brain could fully embrace all of that information, I probably wouldn't go to a restaurant, even though they're now allowed to open here.

However...I've decided that there's only so much anxiety that I'm comfortable living with and I've deciding that not eating out nor gathering with friends for a year or two until they (potentially) have a vaccine is not the route I'm going to go. So...my mind kind of blocks out the dangers, since I've decided what level of risk I'm comfortable with acceptable and what level of risk I'm not. It's a lot like what my brain does every time I drive. Driving is so very dangerous, but my mind blocks that out, since I've decided I'm going to do it.

So yes and no.

That was probably a longer than you were expecting! But it was interesting to mentally process it.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Blarg

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus