Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Popularity check- Kungfu Panda

This movie has been with me since I was young, so I never go to do anything with it until I recently rewatched the trilogy

Who else likes it here? Favorite moments? Characters?

I'm a huge fan of Angelina Jolie's Tigress <3
HEEERREEE! I'm a fan! <3

I also love Tigress! But I have to give recognition to the other characters 'cause the cast is amazing!!! <3 Jack Black, Jackie Chan, David Cross, Lucy Liu, and Seth Rogen!! And so much more. <3 <3 <3

And a favorite moment? Hmmm... TRICKY ONE!

If in Kung Fu Panda 1, it would be, of course, the part when Oogway says: "Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift. That's why it's called Present..." <3 That scene absolutely gave me chills, but I would also give extra recognition to the stairs scene in the beginning and the scene where Po eats when he's upset 'cause that's just me in a nutshell! XD

In Kung Fu Panda 2, It would be every TigressxPo moment, but I also loved that part where Po catches those balls of fire and forms into the Ying and Yang Symbol at the end. That was pretty cool. OH! And the stairs scene! Can never forget the stairs scene when Po was carried up the tower. I really have something against stairs that I would definitely laugh at every stair joke!

In Part 3, there was a lot of fun and cool moments, 'cause there were more side characters. Each side character brought more color to the film. Granny Panda, Baby Panda (and her scenes with Tigress which were so adddoorraabbllee), Hugging Panda and Mei Mei. After watching the 3rd movie, my FAM just kept calling me Mei Mei that I literally had Mei Mei as my Facebook profile picture for a month. XD

The 3rd movie was one of my favorites. It was more colorful and funny. More twists here and there. The 2nd one showed a little more of the dark side of Po's past. He had to go through this spiritual journey towards knowing himself more, which is very relatable to a lot of people. While in the 1st, it obviously shows the beauty of an underdog character becoming a hero in his own unique way. You don't have to be like someone else to be a hero. Just be yourself.

So, the transition and flow of the Kung Fu Panda Franchise was pure gold in my opinion! :D Sure, some people might have seen some loopholes in the story, there might be characters that were not acknowledged enough (maybe), but it was still cool and awesome anyway. You can see the character development of the protagonist and the consistent rhythm of the story. <3 It's not like those other movies where their sequels are not as amazing as their first movies. They don't have that strong connection or improvement. Kung Fu Panda is definitely an example of a great trilogy.
TheCatOutOfHell Topic Starter

I will say the ending fight of 2 is possibly the culmination of every Kungfu movie ending sort of smashed together. Possibly the coolest "Kungfu moment" I've seen. I'm glad to see someone who likes it as much as I do qwq. I'm a huge fan of martial arts films so rewatching it was so good

(Tipo moments are 👌)

I've been trying to dream up Roleplay plots for the series, so it's good to see some affection for the series ^w^
TheCatOutOfHell wrote:
I've been trying to dream up Roleplay plots for the series, so it's good to see some affection for the series ^w^

Oh! You should! There might be others who would like to do a Kungfu Panda RP with you! :)
TheCatOutOfHell Topic Starter

There! I did!

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Popularity check- Kungfu Panda

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus