Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Push Notifications Keep Turning Off

MasterWinter

First I'd like to say that: I'm not sure how much of this has to do with the way this laptop I'm on is set up, due to it's not mine and I created a user account on this borrowed laptop. Mine originally died and I'm borrowing my cousin's rarely used laptop.

I did this because I didn't want to worry about my cousin seeing my stuff, or me seeing her stuff. So respect for privacy for both of us.

I went into my account settings, went to alerts, and every now and then it seems that somehow either RPR its self or Google Chrome web browser, removes the fact I have the push notifications. I notice that also even when in the settings it still says I have notices, I frequently find that certain things I subscribe to get unsubscribed when I didn't unsubscribe.

Example being: I have subscribed to two topics in a group between Tusitala2017 and I. But one of them keeps unsubscribing. I don't know how much of that has to do with the fact that I didn't subscribe to that topic right away or not. Yet it is still annoying that this happens, as then I get behind on replying to Tusi.

Again I'm not sure how much of this has to do with the fact I'm on a separate account on this laptop or what the deal is, but thought to see if it was just me or what's going on.
I know there's been an issue with push notifications for a long time (not sure if the site overhaul was supposed to fix that), but this sounds a bit different. Should probably send a bug report.
MasterWinter Topic Starter

Zelphyr wrote:
I know there's been an issue with push notifications for a long time (not sure if the site overhaul was supposed to fix that), but this sounds a bit different. Should probably send a bug report.

Just finished doing so, after reading your reply. Thanks!

You are on: Forums » Help » Push Notifications Keep Turning Off

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus