Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Hoy chummers! (Shadowrun or something of (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Hello, I am currently looking for someone who would be interested in doing an RP based off of Shadowrun - or an original world/setting with a similar theme. For the rest of this post I will be speaking as though the RP will be in the Shadowrun universe, but all ideas should be compatible with other, similar, settings.

Before we get into that, a little bit about me: I have a fairly relaxed style of both writing, and of what I require from a partner. All I ask is that you have a solid grasp on grammar/spelling (mistakes happen!), and that you help me keep pushing the RP forward. Post length is irrelevant for me, I've seen enough novella-length posts that are essentially 99% fluff to know that length does not equal quality. Some of my best RPs have gone from one-liners to 1000 word responses within a few posts. If that kind of level of unpredictability is unwelcome to you, then we're not going to be a good fit. Another important note is on the manner of romance, and character relationships of any kind: I don't pre-plot relationships. If you want romance to be an option, let me know beforehand, however I will not promise you anything. The characters are in control of their own fates. If you want a guaranteed romance, or wish to pair characters up before we start writing, then we're not going to to be compatible. (As a note, I do all manner of romantic pairings. Though I prefer M/F or M/M over F/F - simply because I prefer to play male.)

Finally, in order to be sure that we both find people who mesh well with us, I'd like to do a small one-scene RP with anyone who is interested in writing with me. Once the scene is over, we talk with one another, and see if we can both see us doing a long-term RP with one another. I want to make sure that our styles work well together, and if not, then we stop there. I will not take it personally if you decide to stop after the one-shot, and similarly I hope that, should it come to it, you will not take it personally if I decide to drop it. There are plenty of talented writers out there that just don't bounce off each other enough to write with one another indefinitely. The one-shot can be a story all to itself, or it can function as a "prologue" to whatever plot we decide to do.

With all that out of the way, let's get to the meat of this post:

Prompts:
  • You're hired to retrieve the McGuffin, but the drop went south fast. Another gang got there first, and the rest of your companions are dead. You need the McGuffin, as it was for a trigger-happy Fixer who really hates your guts. Lucky you! Thankfully one of the gangers offers to steal the McGuffin back for you - provided you help them with a series of bizarre requests.
  • You're dead, or at least you're pretty sure you remember getting a shotgun blast to the chest. Weird then, that you wake up feeling only slightly hungover. The owner of the chop shop you woke up in is as equally confused. Screams of shock are heard on both sides. Still, since you are alive you have the ability to seek revenge. You find another runner who also has a grudge against the folks who killed you. It's payback time baby!
  • You got drunk - it happens. What usually doesn't happen is that you wake up with extremely, highly, like holy-shit-this-never-should-see-the-light-of-day, confidential info on a megacorp. Now a lot of people want you dead. How the hell did you get that info? What happened when you got wasted? Oh well, those answers can be found once people stop shooting at you.
  • You had it all - money, fame, an on-demand hairstylist. But a series of unfortunate events lost you everything. Now you're on the streets, broke, an unknown, and with really dirty hair. Luckily for you you run into someone who's willing to wait until after the job to get paid, who will help you reclaim all that you lost. Good luck with that!
  • When you decided to get a cyberware implant you assumed that it would only help make your life easier. Unfortunately you got it at the same time as a string of murders that seem to target exclusively those with implants. Not only that but you happened to attract the attention of the murderer, and now they want you super dead. Why do they want you dead? Who knows - it's probably a stupid reason. What isn't stupid is running for your life. (Warning: Fighting back is marginally more stupid, but that's what makes it fun!)

And those are the only ones that I have at the moment. Of course they're only suggestions and I would love to hear your ideas, or to brainstorm up a totally new idea together.

Please PM me (and not post here) if interested!
Magic 70%
Magic is fairly common. Players and NPCs important to the tale may have it. Mistborn.
Technology 70%
Further future, perhaps visit mars or upload your brain
Combat 60%
Combat is woven into the storyline and could come to the forefront if the characters seek it out.
Romance 30%
Some romance is possible, but the overall plot is more important.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played one-on-one.

Dunerider Topic Starter

Still looking.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Hoy chummers! (Shadowrun or something of (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus