Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Commissions Questions

Hello, thank you for taking the time to read this! I have a couple of questions concerning commissions and commission types that I’m not sure the answer to.

Question 1: Would anyone be interested in commissioning me? If you are, please let me know, even if you aren’t going to commission me right now. I’m trying to decide whether I should make an official commissions page! :)

This is the link to where I have a bunch of examples!
https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1431845

Question 2: How would you convert items to commissions? For example, what item/items would you charge for certain types of commissions? I’m not sure of the conversion myself, and I’d love some help figuring it out.

Thank you again for reading, and if you reply, thank you again! <3
Crystaldragon126 wrote:
Question 1: Would anyone be interested in commissioning me? If you are, please let me know, even if you aren’t going to commission me right now. I’m trying to decide whether I should make an official commissions page! :)
It definitely helps to have viewable examples to help people be able to answer this question! c:

Crystaldragon126 wrote:
Question 2: How would you convert items to commissions? For example, what item/items would you charge for certain types of commissions? I’m not sure of the conversion myself, and I’d love some help figuring it out.
This is actually pretty easy on RPR in comparison to other sites; Since RPR has it's own store and items have a listed monetary value, it's just about figuring out what you're willing to take!

If you charge $10 for a commission type, then figure out what items add up as close to that total as possible (at least that's how I do it.)

Or, you could always simply charge what you're willing to give your time on v. what the item is worth for you, if that makes sense. Instead of it being monetary, are you willing to do a sketch v. fully rendered piece for one or two cloaks? (Or, if writing, 500 words v 5,000 words, etc. etc.)
Crystaldragon126 Topic Starter

DarkCrow wrote:
Crystaldragon126 wrote:
It definitely helps to have viewable examples to help people be able to answer this question! c:

Crystaldragon126 wrote:
This is actually pretty easy on RPR in comparison to other sites; Since RPR has it's own store and items have a listed monetary value, it's just about figuring out what you're willing to take!

If you charge $10 for a commission type, then figure out what items add up as close to that total as possible (at least that's how I do it.)

Or, you could always simply charge what you're willing to give your time on v. what the item is worth for you, if that makes sense. Instead of it being monetary, are you willing to do a sketch v. fully rendered piece for one or two cloaks? (Or, if writing, 500 words v 5,000 words, etc. etc.)

Thank you for replying! I didn’t realize I forgot to add examples, I just added the link to where I have quite a few of both digital and traditional drawings, along with prices, which I’m experimenting with a little.

And that’s true! Thank you for explaining! I think I need to adjust what I have currently for item prices.

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Commissions Questions

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus