Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Ghost and Glass[Halo Reach inspired rp] (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

K737 Killian Fairway (played anonymously)

19f6fde9b2d7fb81a5fc4e5f6a22b5ee-700.jpg
[Short RolePlay example]

"Spartan K747 reporting, sir." The massive spartan announced as he entered the Captains quarters.

The captain looked him over as he noticed he was no longer with his squad."Officer Fairway, I have been waiting. tell me what happened."

"Sir, Covenant."

The captain had a distant ping of fear in his eye at the mention of the Covenant, causing him to lower his head at a computer monitor to hide his unease."Yes I have been hearing the radio chatter...Noble 6 among others have been in contact too. What happened on your end?"

"Sir, we came across a quickly put together camp consisting of 3 Elite generals and several squads of Jackels and Skirmishers during a routine perimeter check outside of New Alexandria. I am afraid to say my squad didn't make it, I managed to take out what remained of the group, but we where not prepared for a Covenant encounter."

"I'm sorry to here that Spartan. G321 and S278 where valuable assets."

"Sir, I saw something on one of the Covenants monitors that was relaying back to the approaching fleet. Multiple CSO class Supercarries heading this way. The kind they use to glass planets."

By this point the captains attempt to keep up a calm facade had broken as he heard his. His hand trembled ever so slightly as it rested on his forehead, while he tried to gather all the thoughts rushing in.

"They are going to destroy Reach." Fairway said, the signature stoic expression of a Spartan slowly fading as his eyes shifted uneasily.

"Yes...that much is certain. Well, they won't get far. We can take on anything, I will contact the higher ups and we will start working up our defence strategy as soon as we-"

"Permission to interject." Fairway said in the middle of the captains speech.

"Granted."

"We can't fight this. Our best hope is the Pillar of Autumn and it isn't even off the ground yet. These carries seemed close already, their slip space travel is far greater then we know. I say we only have weeks until they are here, and they reduce us to ash. Any attempts of defence will just delay them a little..."

"Do I hear hear in your voice, Spartan?"

"Sir, not for myself. I will gladly die, I was bred to fight, and die, there is no sugar coatin' that. But I fear for all the lives of these people on Reach. We only have a short amount of time Captin' and if we spend all of it fighting them, then Reach will be nothing but ghost and glass. We need to evacuate the people."

"If there is a chance we can defeat them then I find this idea a waste of-"

"Ever breath we take right now not doing anything is a waste." Fairway snapped. His calculated, almost robotic demeneir carried by most Spartans had completely melted away as the reality of a lost war had already set in.

"You are speaking well out of your line Spartan."

"Right now is not a time for lines Captin'. You and I both swore to protect Reach and it's people just as much as everyone else in the UNSC, and if you won't hold that oath, then I will find my own ways to hold it, even if it means going AWOL."

The Captain looked to his feet for a moment, he badly wanted to shout at him for his sudden misconduct and threats to go AWOL, but as his role in the military chipped down to nothing but his humanity, he knew he was right."Assemble an evacuation squad...ill have some ODSTs and Pelicans at your disposal by tomorrow. Do everything you can."

"For Reach, I'll do the impossible."

Here is an idea that has been in my head for far to long and I really hope to pursue it, to make it simple, you along with a couple other Spartans( I often like running multiple characters and if you do too feel free to discuss) have been resigned with the duty of trying to evacuate Reach's civilians in the worlds final few days. Adapt and overcome the impossible odds, and hopefully get as many people to safety as you can.

I don't expect you to be some super Megamind with all the halos lore stuffed on your brain, but of course being a good fan of halo and knowing some of the general things is sought after, especially since this takes place in the hall universe and not a spin off red vs blue type thing, but with that said this also attended to be fun and enjoyable so don't get bogged down with thinking you gotta know everything, if you aren't super knowable I don't mind explaining a few things. I would also prefer this to be 1x1, and with someone who is 18 years or older for maturity sake, I just prefer rping with people in my age group. I also imagined that the idea could be short termed at first but if we feel invested we can work the plot to go on longer. If you are interested just go ahead and pm me and we can see where we go from there.
Magic 00%
No magic at all.
Technology 90%
Far future, perhaps interstellar travel (faster than light)
Combat 80%
Wartime/soldier RPs. Combat is a given and will likely be graphic, but there's the potential for non-combat "in the trenches" scenes. World War 2, Vietnam, etc.
Romance 50%
Romance is desired but not required, and will balance evenly with other plot.

Details: Freeform, paragraphs required, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played one-on-one.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Ghost and Glass[Halo Reach inspired rp] (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus