Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Happy Litha!

It's Litha! (prounounced lee-thuh) Also known is Alban, Heruin, or Summer Solstice.

My sisters and I will be lighting a fire in celebration, making flower crowns, and singing and dancing. Traditionally honey cakes, fresh fruit, and vegetable dishes are also prepared. After that, we usually watch the sun set.

Some other traditional activities include burning herbs or incense on the fire, such as mugwort, daisy, lemon, or wisteria, as well as making earth puppets for the children, or sun catchers. Some also make Litha spiral candles.

What plans do you have for Litha, if you celebrate it? Let's share our traditions together!

Blessed be.
Beannaithe saol.

Blessed be to you also.

I'm heading up to the Nine Ladies at Stanton Moor, Derbyshire to perform the Druid rites for this evening. Though I practice the older devoted aspect of the tradition, we all have the same respect and intentions.

May there be peace in the north,
May there be peace in the east,
May there be peace in the south,
May there be peace in the west,
May there be peace in our hearts and minds, and toward all fellow beings.

May your evening enlighten and inspire you.
MadylineJames Topic Starter

WinterBlackDraoi wrote:
Beannaithe saol.

Blessed be to you also.

I'm heading up to the Nine Ladies at Stanton Moor, Derbyshire to perform the Druid rites for this evening. Though I practice the older devoted aspect of the tradition, we all have the same respect and intentions.

Thank you. :) This is my first time celebrating Litha, and I look forward to the day!
MadylineJames wrote:
WinterBlackDraoi wrote:
Beannaithe saol.

Blessed be to you also.

Thank you. :) This is my first time celebrating Litha, and I look forward to the day!

I've been celebrating it since I was seventeen, and gained exclusive knowledge throughout the years.

But now I must depart and perform my duties. If you wish to converse further on this subject, please PM me. I would be happy to share knowledge, not just of the solstice, but also the equinox and historic rites.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Happy Litha!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus