Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Any fellow Cosplayers out there?

Here’s a bit of a lighter topic that I’m hoping will put people in a bit of a happy place talking about a hobby they enjoy or even would like to get in to. now I’m excited for my newest project, I am going to be taking a circa 2012 Black Widow suit and be creating my favorite little “witchling” Manon Blackbeak.

Don’t worry, I won’t forget Toothless ah I mean Abraxos...iykyk. I’ll probably just make a little shoulder perch stuffie thing

So far I have the suit ready to be altered in a way that I can still use it for a Black Widow Cosplay should I decide to in the future or any other cosplay that requires a catsuit? I think that’s what you call it?

but now I am waiting for the lenses for her incredible golden-yellow eyes and I’m repurposing an ashy-platinum blonde wig for her hair And I should have some leftover red fabric from a medieval gown for her cloak cape thing, some fan art has it as like a cape, others have it as an actual cloak so we’ll go off how much fabric I have

Now that I’ve spilled the tea on what my next cosplan is...

what’s everyone else planning/working on? If you’re not working on anything, what would you one day hope to try making?
LittleMouse Topic Starter

Update on the red cloak/cape thing...it is indeed a cape, I just saw that last night in one of Manon’s chapters
nightmqre

I've just started getting into Cosplay, actually. It's been...difficult, since I'm a very anxious person; so getting in front of the camera to take photos of it or make TikToks has been a challenge ^^; or going out into public with it, or even the make-up on. I don't wear make-up that often lol

I'm not really good at making stuff, so I think for most of it I'm just gonna buy a lot of the stuff tbh.

I only have a wig atm (& a crap ton of make-up ofc) for my OC Aubrin, but am getting a lot for xmas as main presents. I'm hoping to be able to get the rest of the outfit for my OC, and then get a (BNHA) Izuku Midoriya cosplay and a Hitoshi Shinsho cosplay.

I'm also trying to work on sorting out contact lenses- since I need glasses to see, otherwise I'm blind as hell, it's slightly difficult (contact lenses have also always scared me a little) but after the whole quarantine lockdown thing (it's still up in the air over here- school might not even be starting again come september) we're gonna talk to ppl about getting contact lenses that are coloured & that I can see in ^^;

I'm hoping that I can find a cheap baseball bat somewhere that I can customise for one of the cosplays to make it look more menacing and deadly too.

staticnightmares wrote:
I've just started getting into Cosplay, actually. It's been...difficult, since I'm a very anxious person; so getting in front of the camera to take photos of it or make TikToks has been a challenge ^^; or going out into public with it, or even the make-up on. I don't wear make-up that often lol

I'm not really good at making stuff, so I think for most of it I'm just gonna buy a lot of the stuff tbh.

I only have a wig atm (& a crap ton of make-up ofc) for my OC Aubrin, but am getting a lot for xmas as main presents. I'm hoping to be able to get the rest of the outfit for my OC, and then get a (BNHA) Izuku Midoriya cosplay and a Hitoshi Shinsho cosplay.

I'm also trying to work on sorting out contact lenses- since I need glasses to see, otherwise I'm blind as hell, it's slightly difficult (contact lenses have also always scared me a little) but after the whole quarantine lockdown thing (it's still up in the air over here- school might not even be starting again come september) we're gonna talk to ppl about getting contact lenses that are coloured & that I can see in ^^;

I'm hoping that I can find a cheap baseball bat somewhere that I can customise for one of the cosplays to make it look more menacing and deadly too.

Look in Walmart or target for a cheap bat, I have to figure out a way to get Wind-Cleaver the sword though, that’s going to be fun, might just get a hilt and fake one for now and once I get this one done, I plan on making up the fire-breathing Queen of Terrasen herself which is probably going to be mostly bought depending on what timeframe
nightmqre

LittleMouse wrote:
Look in Walmart or target for a cheap bat, I have to figure out a way to get Wind-Cleaver the sword though, that’s going to be fun, might just get a hilt and fake one for now and once I get this one done, I plan on making up the fire-breathing Queen of Terrasen herself which is probably going to be mostly bought depending on what timeframe

We don't have Walmart of Target over here in the UK ^^; The only place I've been able to find any sort of Bat is in the sports shops we have here, though they're all highly priced. It's probably gonna be an online thing,

staticnightmares wrote:
LittleMouse wrote:

We don't have Walmart of Target over here in the UK ^^; The only place I've been able to find any sort of Bat is in the sports shops we have here, though they're all highly priced. It's probably gonna be an online thing,

I see

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Any fellow Cosplayers out there?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus