Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Can't delete character

Right, I've just attempted to delete my character but it doesn't work. Everything I press the "Yes, kill it!" button it goes to a completely whit epage with the text
"You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Guft', 'female', '2', '0')' at line 1"
on it.

Now this thing is telling me to check a manual and I didn't get a manual when I first signed up, so I'd like to have that manual now.

Thank you.
Kim Site Admin

Nah, I think it's telling me to check the manual, since I broke it like a dumby. ;) I'm on it! Thank you for finding this.
Kim Site Admin

Found it. The error only afflicts characters with apostrophes in their names... Go figure. I've written a patch, I'll try to get it out to you as soon as possible.

In the meanwhile, you have been awarded an accolade for bringing this to light. Just so you know for the future, sometimes things get lost on the forums, but if you submit an official bug report enough warning sirens go off in my secret lair that there's no chance something won't get fixed. :)
For a secret lair it sure was easy to find. That's why all your cookies disappear once a week. Heh.
Kim Site Admin

I think you found someone else's secret lair. I haven't been able to eat cookies for years. The gluten might kill me. ;)
Nah it was yours. Big fancy sign that said welcome to Kim's secret lair. Maybe their old cookies...they were kinda stale. And I always find em some place different.
ToBeContinued Topic Starter

Cheers!

No need to rush though I have since revamped my character completely so I don't have to xP

Also I can't actually find the report bug button, where is it? D=
Darth_Angelus Moderator

You can report bugs with the Contact Us page, the link is at the bottom of every page :)

As for cookies, I will volunteer to eat them on Kim's behalf. It's really tough being a moderator sometimes but someone has to do it ;)
Kim Site Admin

This should be fixed now.

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Can't delete character

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus