Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Society Divided - a Modern Fantasy RP (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Clover (played anonymously)

Updated/reopened as of 02/15/2021
~~
In the modern world, humans and werewolves have co-existed for years. This has been a fairly peaceful arrangement for several decades, though there are always members of each species who harbour hostility or fear towards the other. Some humans think werewolves are dangerous or animalistic, while some werewolves think humans are inferior or weak. But there are people on both sides who just want peace.
However, in the recent years, tensions have been rising. Groups of werewolves have been commiting organized crime and even acts of violence, and the carefully manufactured peace is starting to reach a breaking point - especially with the exaggerations of anti-werewolf campaigns. This culminates in the exile of all werewolves (criminal or otherwise) from "human" cities, an event that seems sudden to those who weren't paying close attention...
~~
Clover is a teenaged werewolf who has been posing as human for her whole life, after being adopted by human parents when she was very young. All she wants is to live a quiet and peaceful life, where her non-human heritage doesn't matter to those around her. However the possibility of that clearly seems unlikely, with the state of the world.
Your character, whoever they may be, is a human who has been friends with Clover for quite a long time. But even they don't know that she's a werewolf. They're likely to find out though, one way or another, with the whole city being scoured for "werewolf scum". The question, of course, is how will they react? Will they stand by Clover and protect her, or will they throw her under the bus and reveal her secret to the authorities? (Note: how exactly your character finds out, and the exact circumstances before and after, are up for discussion.) Your character's view of werewolves does NOT have to be positive. This does not have to go the route of "two friends with a secret work together to achieve peace" or anything like that - of course, it can go that way, but there are lots of other possibilities, too... (A few examples: the hostile human learning to accept werewolves; helping Clover to escape danger or even going with her when she does; trying to hunt Clover down and turn her in... heck, if you want your character to abandon Clover, you could even play as a fellow exiled werewolf who allies with her instead.)
In any case, that's the general plot outline. Of course, this can go different ways depending on the character make-up, and the finer details can always be discussed and tweaked as necessary.
Romance is a possibility, but not a requirement. If it does happen the romance will have to be FxF, but platonic pairings with any gender are also welcomed.
This RP will be 1x1, though playing multiple characters is perfectly fine.
Post-length should be a couple of paragraphs - I tend to write about that much, but I adjust to the length of my partner's posts and so long as it's more than a couple lines then we should be good. Proper grammar and spelling are pretty important to me, but really I'm not going to persecute anyone for their writing imperfections so there's no need to stress about it.
And, okay, I think that's all that needs to be said... I think? So if you're interested, you can PM me (preferably), or just respond to this post.
Magic 30%
Some magic. Few can use it, but most of the players probably won't have it. Magical characters will likely believe that they are all alone.
Technology 50%
Modern
Combat 40%
Unrest may be part of the setting, but any scenes that happen to involve combat may be summarized.
Romance 50%
Romance is desired but not required, and will balance evenly with other plot.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played one-on-one.

Clover (played anonymously) Topic Starter

I'd just like to casually mention that this is still open, if anyone is interested... and also that a few other characters are going to be added to the profile I have here. So there will be more of a selection.
This seems really interesting! May I join?

Still open... :)

It's been quite awhile since I posted this, but I'd like to say that it's open again, if anyone else is interested in the idea.

Hey, I'm re-opening this - so if anyone is interested, let me know! :)
Alara (played by Cromirn)

Hey there, I'm interested in this :D shoot me a DM

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Society Divided - a Modern Fantasy RP (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus