Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Baby teeth

Parents of rpr, what did you do with your kids Baby teeth? Throw them away? Sell them on eBay/craigslist? 8m curious, I knew my parents just threw them out maybe saved one or two for the memories, and I bet most ppl do as well, so I’m naturally curious as to what you guys do with them? I don’t have kids nor am I planning to so Idk and I don’t feel comfortable with asking my friends who are parents.

For context as to why I am even thinking about such a topic is I was listening to the podcast My brother my brother and me, basically they answer questions on yahoo answers and one of them was regarding baby teeth and teeth in general, so the thought naturally popped into my head. Thought I would get some interesting answers so let’s see.
Rogue-Scribe

We saved the 1st baby tooth lost for each of the kids and the rest were tossed. It was a 'tradition' my mom held to and she kept one of mine and one each of my big sis's and little brother's in our 'babybook'. Mine is in a footlocker of my stuff in the attic of my brother's, formerly my parent's house. Not sure what happened to the ones for my kids. I don't think my kids are in possession of them so maybe their mom still has them.
I saved the first four of my son's, but anything after I won't keep.
ILoveAlexTurner Topic Starter

Nah, imagine your son is 34 and you saved each one of his teeth. Plus wisdom teeth when he gets them pulled out thanks for the info tho
I'm pretty sure my mom kept all of my baby teeth, though the only reason I give a definite answer on that isn't because I know that for certain, but because she still has her baby teeth, so I just assume she also saved mine XD
Rogue-Scribe

ILoveAlexTurner wrote:
Nah, imagine your son is 34 and you saved each one of his teeth. Plus wisdom teeth when he gets them pulled out thanks for the info tho
That's why only one was saved. ;)
DarkCrow wrote:
I'm pretty sure my mom kept all of my baby teeth, though the only reason I give a definite answer on that isn't because I know that for certain, but because she still has her baby teeth, so I just assume she also saved mine XD
Wow! That's a lot of teeth! Mom kept some gold crowns she had gotten when they had to extract them many years later. She cashed them in at a gold-vendor store. :D
ILoveAlexTurner Topic Starter

DarkCrow wrote:
ok that’s kinda adorable, not dissing on anyone. I know my parents threw out mines. Lmao imagine your a kid after getting money from the tooth fairy and just see your two front baby teeth in the trash, I would be devastated, actually I bet that happened to a lot of people.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Baby teeth

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus