Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Horror, Survival RP, based on "The Mist" (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

I've been wanting to do an RP based on Stephen King's "The Mist." If you've heard of it, awesome. If you've read the book or seen the movie, even better. If neither of these describe you, but you're still interested, read this little piece from the Wikipedia article on the novella: "The morning after a violent thunderstorm, a thick unnatural mist quickly spreads across the small town of Bridgton, Maine, reducing visibility to near-zero and concealing numerous species of bizarre creatures which viciously attack anyone and anything that ventures out into the open."

In the story, a group of bewildered and frightened customers are trapped in a grocery store. In the beginning, those who try to leave are never seen again. The survivors are forced to stay in the store, amid rapidly rising tensions, people falling into insanity, and crazy idiots going even crazier.

So who wants to join me in tossing their characters in an awesome horror setting and see if they can survive? =D

This RP will be heavily based on the story, but won't follow the plot line exactly. It's going to be in a different town, for one. And, hopefully, our characters will reach a happy ending--if they can make it to the end, that is! Bwaha!

...I'll be looking for at least 3 other players. At the most...hm. I guess I'll set the limit at 5. If you'd like to use two characters, be my guest! I'm going to be controlling a few minor characters that will bring in some plot twists later in the RP--some of them might even die. 'cause it's horror, y'see. You're probably even going to hate some of them--and that's the point. =3

All I ask is that no characters have magic powers or be aliens or anthro or, y'know, anything like that. This is a modern setting RP.
Eugene (played by Miss)

I'm human enough. I swear it. I'm practically built for horror themed anything, and my writer puts me through the loops, alright. Never read The Mist, but I've seen the movie. That's sorta the same thing, right?

Anyway, I'll join as a regular and human graverobber.

Edit: Scratch that. I think my workload just became burdensome.
I have maybe a character or two. One his Lucas. But not sure about the other one just yet. This sounds really fun. :)
lilsunnyleaf Topic Starter

To UsagiSmith: Awesome! =D Happy to have ya on board!

To Eugene: Aw, sorry to hear that. I probably won't start the RP until Monday, or maybe until we have at least two other players, so if you change your mind, don't hesitate to sign back on. =3
To lily: woot. Hehe. I can't wait for it.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Horror, Survival RP, based on "The Mist" (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus