Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Modified Character Page Editting

I thought up this idea at work today. It could make things easier for A:people with cried computers, or B: People like me who use their phones to work on their characters pages here.

Obviously if you wish to relocate sections on a characters page you can do the whole click and drag thing. Well people may either have a mouse that likes to act up or may not even have a mouse. Or their I-device may not, like my phone, have the option to click and drag. Ergo I recommend that aside from the click and drag option that the sections also have little arrows or something like that one can click on to move sections up and down. Same with initially putting a widget on a characters page where they can just click on it to make it go on the page rather than click and drag it onto the page. I dunno about others but it'll defiantly make things a lot easier for me. Especially since I need a new comp...
Kim Site Admin

Interesting. I don't want to add complication to the interface, but I may experiment in the future with making something like this appear automatically if a touchscreen device is detected, or if someone changes their settings to force it to always appear that way.
Hurricane_Lance Topic Starter

Let me know if ya do. I'll help you test it.
Kim Site Admin

Will do! I suspect Sanne would be quite interested in this as well.
Hurricane_Lance Topic Starter

And perhaps Darth with his iPad.
Ilmarinen Moderator

It would also be handy for people with low screen resolutions, which makes it a bit more annoying to drag something, say, to the bottom of the page. :) I think adding little arrows to the section headers, like Lance suggests, wouldn't add much complication to the interface, since it would be fairly clear what they do. Like this!

28sy1dk.png
Sanne Moderator

Kim wrote:
Will do! I suspect Sanne would be quite interested in this as well.

I am!! I was thinking of a system like what Heimdall is showing as well. It might be more complicated to insert than it looks, but it would definitely be an incredibly useful add-on. With tablet computers and phones becoming substitutes for computers, there needs to be an alternative sooner or later for the drag-and-drop.
Hramn (played by Yuka)

I like this suggestion!
Loving this suggestion, and wouldn't mind testing it out if needed ;).

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Modified Character Page Editting

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus