Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » My Hero Academia: Boundless | A Small Gr (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Yami Ito (played by 2pointO)

4c67516ab6bf8f6ebda56b8bfb064d41.png

Putting your original character in the world of MHA!

Hello, and may I be the first to say, welcome to the world of My Hero Academia: Boundless! In this RP, you will be able to put your original character smack in the middle of the MHA universe! Expect to see many cannon characters, original characters, and of course your own characters! This has been my dream project for months now and thanks to much support given by my real-life friends, I have now begun making it a reality.

In this RP, the only main characters are those that you play, with occasional cameos of cannon characters thrown in every so often! The story of MHA: Boundless takes place 7 years before the events of the main series, so if you've read Vigilantes, think around that time. All Might is still the idol of heroes and has yet to have the injury that put him out of commission for good.

The beginning of this RP takes place at a middle school in the center of Saitama, Tokyo, a prestigious school known for raising exceptionally spectacular heroes. Our characters are all classmates who have dreams of going to UA High, where they dream to either become a hero or support those with their special skills. This school is called "Onigawa Junior School".

"The first incident was in Keikei City. An extraordinary child was born who radiated light. After that, reports of people with superpowers popped up across the globe. No one knew what was causing these Quirks... Before long, the supernatural became the totally normal. Dreams are reality. The world became a superhuman society with about 80% of the population possessing some uncanny ability. Our streets looked like scenes from comic books. A city swirled with chaos and confusion, a new profession dominated our collective consciousness. It was an age of heroes."

"You can become a hero."

Thank you so much for taking the time to check this RP out. Before I let you take the time to pick out or create a special character for this RP, here are some quick reminders which were not mentioned previously:

- This RP will have a EXP system. For each level up, you will be able to hone your strengths, abilities, and Quirk. As a LVL 1, you have 0/10 EXP and gain EXP per post, special event, and combat. For posting EXP, you must have: 750-1000 words for 1 EXP point, 1000-1500 for 2, and 1500+ at a cap of 3 EXP points. As events come up, you will gain more and more points. It will help to use a word counter or download Grammarly or any other similar service to help you along the way. I expect you to keep track of EXP and words on your own, but there is a layer of trust with this. Each LVL up will result in an increase of needed points, EX. being level 1 going to 2, you would instead need 15 more points to level up again, going to 20 for lvl 3.

A Level up can be used to increase a strength by 1 point, or focus on an ability.

-Strengths: Strengths are the areas your character is especially good in. The 7 categories of strengths are Strength, Intelligence, Speed, Charisma, Magic, Resourcefulness (ability to use items like weapons and support items), and Ego (I know, this is heavily based off of DnD's system, but trust me, it's a lot easier to understand). Each category is based off of a 20 point-merit system, where you start off with 20 points. It may not seem like a lot, but many of the strongest heroes in training are weaker than even the weakest pro. Each category must have at minimum one point, as long as you feel as though it accurately describes your character.

- Abilities: Many heroes have signature moves and abilities, however many heroes in training begin with simply the knowledge of their Quirk. With that being said, after your first level-up you will be able to CONCEPTUALIZE an ability. I may not allow you to use it quite yet, based on where we are in the RP.

- Quirks: Basic rules apply, no god-moding, no meta-quirks, etc. Must give a basic and detailed desciption of your quirk in either a CS or a description. You ARE allowed to use a canon quirk, as long as it is a common one, EX. Hellfire, Slide and Glide, and Fire-Breathing.

- CS: Short for character sheet. Your character must be a MHA OC. I do not care if it is made from scratch, an old one you found in your drawer, or if it is even adapted from a Star Wars RP or something. As long as it has a quirk, is of human descent, and is formatted in the ways as mentioned above, all is good. If you have a character you would like adapted, but have no clue how to do so, please let me know.

- Characters: A majority of NPCs will be run by me, unless I ask you to help. I am open to character suggestions and ideas, just let me know if you have one. By the end of this RP (whenever that happens), you may have a total of two characters you can play as, although it is unlikely they will both be yours. Chances are it will be an NPC that will already have levels.

- Flashbacks: A VERY IMPORTANT MECHANIC. At the beginning of this RP, we will know barely anything about one another considering our characters will have only know each other for a year or shorter. Flashbacks are references to the past in place of a post. They reveal info about your character we will not have known prior AND go towards the EXP merit system. You MUST make notice if your character enters or exits a flashback. If you and another character have history with one another, make sure to communicate with the other player before posting.

- Money and items: There will be no major monetary system. Just be modest with what you request and give yourself (No lazer death beams). Now for items, you must make note of when you obtain a major item or support gear, so that I may be able to reference to it later. For dropped items and loot, I will put a post stating what is for taking. You must discuss with other RPers what you want OOC and then IC.

- Posts: There will be a specific posting order that is loose. If a player takes a leave of some sort or states that their turn may be skipped, go ahead, besides that, all chatter and quick posts ARE allowed as long as you make note that you are not explicitly taking a turn.

- Events: Events are a quick way to obtain EXP when a special event irl is happening EX. Winter Holidays, Thanksgiving (US), Independence Day (US). They will be loosely based off of the real world holiday as a special celebration in the RP, where you message your post, with a claim in it that says you want to use it to Amplify your EXP points for that post. Will update this for the next upcoming holiday when we begin.

- Support Items: Just message me if you have a special item you want to upgrade your character with and we'll consider it an ability.

-Battles: There is always conflict in the MHA Universe so there will be times your character needs to fight. In these times, you are to use your character to work to defeat the enemy (with or without teammates). You can choose how you will attack and if you defend an attack, but if an enemy hits you, IT HITS YOU. No "Dodges" or "Didn't get hurt" nonsense. Even if you have a quirk similar to Kirishima's Hardening or a regeneration type quirk, you are not immortal.

- Alignment: Unfortunately for some heroes and vigilantes, heroics do not seem to favor them. Your character can become a villain if you desire, but it will take time for them to be converted, as many conversions to the darkness do. When you wish to turn to villainy, be aware that all heroes and other characters may target you. Be careful with your choices.

Thank you so much again for taking the time to read this! You don't have to have all of the character requirements done in order to reserve a spot for a student! This RP will always be open and looking for more and more members, so if you see this and are worried you are too late, we will find a way to work you in! I'm so excited to work with you guys!
Magic 80%
Magic is common.
Technology 70%
Further future, perhaps visit mars or upload your brain
Combat 70%
More combat than not. The setting may be at war, and the characters will likely get involved whether or not they seek it out.
Romance 30%
Some romance is possible, but the overall plot is more important.

Details: Character sheets & strict mechanics, paragraphs required, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played with a large group of players.

Yami Ito (played by 2pointO) Topic Starter

Bumping to put this at the top of the Looking for RP

Bump. Need to renew.
Yo- this sounds super cool! I'd totally be up to join (Though, I'd need to make a character since most of my current MHA ones are old.)

Of course! Been needing more people. Do you understand the RP system well enough?
Yeah I get the general premise of it. Basically resembles a bit of DnD the way you set it up.

Anyone interested, please post your CS with requirements added here!
Rocky

Hello! I am every much interested in this rp so much I kinda understand what to do and kinda don’t I do what questions that revolve around my character but truly this sounds like an amazing rp! And I would love to join
2pointO Topic Starter

Hey! Go ahead and send me any questions you have in a PM!
2pointO Topic Starter

Renewing this ad. Looking for just a few more people!
Oshio Yahgashi (played by L1mit)

hey i wanted to join just email me link
i'd love to join, it sounds so much fun,

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » My Hero Academia: Boundless | A Small Gr (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus