Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » AMA: Being a military dependent

Decided I'd make a separate thread for this one.

I've been a military dependent for about as long as I can remember. We were stationed in Germany for the longest period of time of any and we took advantage of that to travel and see a lot of places in Europe. My dad is in the military but I won't reveal more than that about him.
Auberon Moderator

What is your favorite place you've ever travelled to? :)
SolarLoki Topic Starter

Auberon wrote:
What is your favorite place you've ever travelled to? :)

I've gotta say its a toss up between Italy, downtown Bamberg, and Nuremberg.

We visited Italy for about 3 weeks total for my dad's softball league. We got to visit the Leaning Tower of Pisa, the Colosseum in Rome, did some sightseeing in Florence, ans went and saw the Sistine Chapel in the Vatican City.

The downtown area of Bamberg holds a place in my heart mainly because we visited that area many many times during the holidays. The Christmas markets out there were lovely.

I remember visiting Nuremberg quite often by train. There were a few restaurants we'd go to and my personal favorite being the Barfüßer (which is sadly now permanently closed).
Did you ever join/want to join?
SolarLoki Topic Starter

Shinyrainbowlithogra wrote:
Did you ever join/want to join?

My mentality on it is that I'd join as a last resort if my financial situation became a big problem. But unfortunately since I have asthma it will most likely prevent me from joining or getting through basic training if I do join. So ideally I'd like to avoid it as best I can.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » AMA: Being a military dependent

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus