Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » AMA: Graduate Student in English

Hello everyone!

Have questions about graduate school? Getting a masters in English? The process for applying?

Ask away!
I am currently a graduate student seeking a masters degree in English and am always open to answering questions about the process or what it's like.
My circumstances are a bit different, as I am a part of an accelerated program with my school where I complete my masters in a year (instead of two years), so if you also have questions about that, I'm certainly open!

Wondering about Thesis topics? A graduate student yourself with advice to give for those looking to get their degree? Jump in!
Wanting to know about the undergraduate experience? I also just finished with that, so it's still fresh in the mind!

I look forward to answering your questions! :)
Auberon Moderator

As a grad student, are you a TA for any courses? :)
Rosey Topic Starter

I personally do not TA. Since I'm in an accelerated program, I've got a lot more requirements that take up my time when I could be a TA. My school also generally reserves being a TA for students in their upper years, like sixth or seventh years.
I do, however, work as a research assistant for one of the associate professors!
Auberon wrote:
As a grad student, are you a TA for any courses? :)

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » AMA: Graduate Student in English

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus