Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » AMA : Complex PTSD and Borderline

Hi! Figured it’d be a pleasant learning opportunity for everyone if I chucked myself in here- and as I’m still learning about myself too, having people ask questions might help me figure more out.

My name is Dante, I’m a 21 year old trans guy with complex Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (cPTSD) and Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD). I don’t really have much to say to start this off. I’ve been diagnosed for two years but I’ve shown signs of BPD since I was in third grade- my family just chalked it up to being a “quirky kid” and by the time I was in high school, I was so socially stunted I refused to get help for anything I struggled with.

Nowadays I attend weekly therapy and take a mix of antidepressants to manage, and will hopefully soon be getting a service dog to assist me in my daily life.

Go ahead and as the name says, ask me anything. I’m full of answers and I’m hoping this helps me get a little more comfortable being open socially. I’ve revised this so many times it’s a little ridiculous and even now I’m wasting time writing this instead of just hitting post.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » AMA : Complex PTSD and Borderline

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus