Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Short Scene - Cowboys and Cattle - 1852 (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Frank Efferson (played by Juls)

Does anyone know cattle? Like... you've actually got some hands on, real-life experience?

I know horses well enough to feel confident writing them, but I feel a little iffy when I'm writing about cattle. And since my bounty hunter has a cowboy background, I'd like to learn!

I've played Frank here before when he's quite a bit older and life has jaded him a bit. So I thought it would be fun to play a younger, more reckless version of him. And hopefully come out on the other end with a little more knowledge and a better fleshed out backstory!

I have a short story in mind where Frank, just turned 18 (in the year 1852), takes his first job at a cattle ranch and needs to learn the ropes. Ideally, your character would be his mentor, allowing him (and me!) to learn a little bit more. Throw all the lingo and know-how at me! I'm definitely up for brainstorming a scenario that you find interesting. Dealing with rustlers? Part of the herd lost in bad weather? Driving them from point A to point B when some other trouble strikes? Heck, even a short romantic fling (if your character happens to be female).

Right now, I'm envisioning this as a pretty short RP. But hey! If we're having fun, we can always spin up a longer adventure!

giphy.gif
Magic 00%
No magic at all.
Technology 40%
Industrial revolution
Combat 50%
Combat is expected as part of the storyline but it won't dominate the plot.
Romance 30%
Some romance is possible, but the overall plot is more important.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, one-off scene. Will be played one-on-one.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Short Scene - Cowboys and Cattle - 1852 (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus