Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Pokémon AU - An equal partnership (Futu (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Pokemon OCs (played by Riik)

Pokémon and human, working together as equals.

In this world, there exist creatures called 'pokémon'. Rare, intelligent beasts who long ago lived in the wild as other animals still do. Then one day came humans, taming and training them, capturing them in little balls in order to fight each other in grand tournaments. Those days are long over. Now, tame pokémon live free as equal partners to the best police, military spec ops, mercenaries, bounty hunters and emergency servicepeople across the world.

Now, conflict is coming. And it is those who entrust their lives in a pokémon partner who are about to become the most important factors.

READ FIRST:

Players aged 16+ are preferred. If you're a year or so younger than that and feel you're more mature than average, we can discuss things, but there will be extra limits set on RP to keep everyone comfortable regarding the age gap.

This is a multi-paragraph RP. If you feel you can't maintain a pace of about 2 paragraphs average per post, this might not be for you. Also, expect long posts from me early on - don't feel obligated to keep up with them and don't expect them to persist throughout; it'd be mostly due to me setting the scene.

So the background of this one is kinda open-ended, because it depends what you want your character to be. Are they a secret agent? A police detective? Do they go to some sort of academy? Are they disabled and need a pokémon companion to help them out? Or maybe they live in a post-apocalyptic wasteland and need a pokémon partner to survive. The only rules are that there's some degree of futuristic themes; pokémon in this AU are fairly rare (to the extent where except in certain circumstances of uniformity, seeing the same pokémon type twice in one adventure is unlikely); pokéballs used to be a thing but are now illegal and only in use by the bad guys; and there's some sort of danger that makes partnering up with a pokémon necessary. Oh, and in this universe, pokémon can talk.

Normal animals exist in this world. Pokémon are 'special' animals who have evolved to have near-human-level intelligence. They're rare in this world to promote narrative purposes. If someone's got a pokémon partner, either they're a big deal or they have needs that only the pokémon can fulfil. Some pokémon are common enough to be fairly easily available in certain occupations (e.g. squirtles and fire fighting).

The Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series has already set precedent that a pokémon multiverse exists, so this AU does technically fit into the general Pokémon canon.

6ekogNf.png I will be playing Arthur, my sylveon. He's smart, friendly and kind. Whether your character already knows Arthur at the RP start or whether we start with them meeting for the first time is up to you. Arthur is most definitely a good guy, so he won't work well with less-than-moral characters. He'll probably start knowing only a few basic physical abilities and learn fairy-type special abilities as time progresses. And don't worry about his smarts - head-pats, snuggles and belly-rubs are all fair game, as long as... you know... it's not in the middle of a crisis!

So whether you want a shounen anime-style adventure, a gritty detective series, a romp through an apocalyptic wasteland or drama in some sort of special combat academy; as long as your happy doing it alongside a talking sylveon, lemme know!
Magic 40%
Magic is rare. Some of the players might have it. There may be sages or other magical figures that could be sought out for tutelage.
Technology 60%
Near future, perhaps cloning and genetic manipulation
Combat 60%
Combat is woven into the storyline and could come to the forefront if the characters seek it out.
Romance 00%
No romance at all will be included in this plot, period.

Details: Freeform, paragraphs required, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played one-on-one.

Hey, I've read through your post and i cannot say i'm not interested. Are you still looking for an RP partner?
Pokemon OCs (played by Riik) Topic Starter

Mikeyy995 wrote:
Hey, I've read through your post and i cannot say i'm not interested. Are you still looking for an RP partner?

Sure, what have you got in mind?
Pokemon OCs wrote:
Mikeyy995 wrote:

Sure, what have you got in mind?
The prompt about living in a post-apocalyptic world has me really curious, I havent really previously RPed, apart from some really old HL2RP servers

Mikeyy995 wrote:
The prompt about living in a post-apocalyptic world has me really curious, I havent really previously RPed, apart from some really old HL2RP servers

Well in the sense of multi-paragraph forum RP, it's basically just a case of writing a story together. The trick is to find a balance between moving the plot forward and allowing room for a partner's character to act in a situation the way they normally want to. I guess compared to a video game RP, there's more description of a character's body language, thought processes and surroundings. Dialogue also often gets sorta clumped up into longer speeches due to the post rate being slower. I also want to make clear that my current post-rate is in the range between a few hours and a couple of days (depending on how clear an idea I have with what I want to contribute plot-wise). if you'd rather do something faster-paced with shorter posts that's more in-line with video game RPing, you'd probably be better off finding a partner more inclined toward those kinda RPs - but if you're still totally up for a multi-paragraph RP, drop me a PM reply and lemme know about the character you intend to use and what your preferences are with regard to the kind of post-apocalyptic scenario you're looking for.
K1-B0 (played by SunbroTheAbysswalker)

hello! erm, do you allow crossovers? If so, I could rp with you if this is still open!

K1-B0 wrote:
hello! erm, do you allow crossovers? If so, I could rp with you if this is still open!

Well sure, but... I've never so much as taken a glance into Danganronpa (though I've heard of it), so whilst I can do a crossover... it'd have to be something that doesn't need me to have any knowledge at all of the franchise.
K1-B0 (played by SunbroTheAbysswalker)

Pokemon OCs wrote:
K1-B0 wrote:

Well sure, but... I've never so much as taken a glance into Danganronpa (though I've heard of it), so whilst I can do a crossover... it'd have to be something that doesn't need me to have any knowledge at all of the franchise.

ah yea, I just want to be one or two of the characters in a pokemon setting.

K1-B0 wrote:
ah yea, I just want to be one or two of the characters in a pokemon setting.

That I can manage. Hit me with a PM reply and lemme know what sorta things you wanna do in terms of setting/adventure etc.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Pokémon AU - An equal partnership (Futu (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus