Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Character Connection Sorting.

I'm not 100% sure on how character connections are sorted at the moment...but for characters with a lot of connections, new ones added seem to be chucked into an arbitrary order with no control on how they are displayed (despite alphabetical in the editing page).

Would it be possible to have different ways to sort them? Such as them being listed in the order that the connection was made? Or even an option for alphabetical order? And even way more out there as a suggestion....perhaps we could arrange them in order on how we want them to be arranged (sort of like how Myspace let you arrange and display 8 friends on your profile)?

I'm not sure if anyone else would like this, but a lot of times I use my own char connections of a character's profile to get to another character's profile. It'd be nice to have it be less cumbersome to search through!
Raspberry_Beret

I'd be honest, I'd like to see something like this. I know you can name the categories different things, I know they can be customized, but the order they fall into those categories is clunky.

So say you decide you want to put all of the family together, someone with a name starting with W may come before B or it may come after, and it just sort of depends. I've never figured out how that sorts exactly.

And while I don't use connections to get to player pages, I do agree that it looks a mess especially if there is an especially connected character with many categories. It'd really be nice if we can select the sort, or customize, or alphabetize or put it by date order, etc.
Rogue-Scribe

I'm not entirely sure but I think it sorts in the catagories in the order they are added. I was playing with this when we were beta testing Phoenix.
MissPixie Topic Starter

Rogue-Scribe wrote:
I'm not entirely sure but I think it sorts in the catagories in the order they are added. I was playing with this when we were beta testing Phoenix.

It doesn't. I've had connections that I've made recently show up in a higher sorting order than some who have been connected longer. Sometimes a new connection gets chucked into the middle of everyone.

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Character Connection Sorting.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus