Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » A few 1x1 Reincarnation Rp Plots (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

chrysopos

Hi there! I currently have two characters which are reflections of the same soul, living in the very different worlds of two eras in time. Bora is a noble's daughter in 15th century Korea and Hana is a museum conservator in modern-day Seoul. (If you're more interested in Medieval Europe or some other universe, fear not! I have things in the works for you too ;) )

While this concept is open to us plotting together some relationships that traverse the time periods (friends in Joseon and friends in Seoul, siblings in Joseon and perfect strangers to run into in Seoul, star-crossed Joseon lovers and roommates in Seoul, etc.), you can also just pick one time period to rp in. On the other hand, if you still want to rp in both periods, our characters don't have to know one another in one time period to connect in the other. (I hope that makes sense, please ask for clarity if needed!) Additionally, as this isn't supernatural/fantasy-themed, our characters won't know that they knew one another in a past life. This is purely for us to be able to plot interesting connections and play around with the theme of various types of soulmates.

I'm very open to working together and figuring out a plot that we both want to do but I also have some ideas I've been sitting on for a while below, marked and separated by time period. None of these are expected to end in romance since it depends purely on chemistry between characters, but I will mark ones that definitely should be platonic. If you're interested, don't be shy! Forum topics will be made to order lol

And, if you have any questions, just let me know!

["your" and other second person pronouns are used habitually below, it's referring to your characters ^^]

~☸~

❝ Betrothed ❞ | Joseon Era
⤠ male (one spot open, older than 20, Yangban (upper class) only)
⤠ Bora should be married by now. She's months from 19, which means she's dangerously close to 20; ergo, fast approaching the age where society would consider her a useless old maid. That doesn't sound so bad to her, personally, but her parents disagree and the nagging bit in the back of her mind telling her to not be burden disagrees as well. So, she doesn't make too much of a fuss when her parents present her with another potential husband after giving her time to mourn the death of her previous fiance. The day of their first meeting comes quickly but, she sneaks out to comfort a heartbroken friend, Areum, the night before. On their walk home, the two young ladies have a run-in with Areum's "cold-hearted" former lover. After a bit of a struggle, Bora manages to get Areum away from the man she hits and cries on and gets her home before going home herself to get a full night's sleep. The next morning, she's surprised when she ends up sitting across from the same man, their parents flanking the two of them and animatedly discussing their coming union.

❝ Sneaking ❞ | Joseon Era
⤠ male (one spot open, Yangban only)
⤠ Bora gets most of her books from booksellers, often laying on the puppy-dog eyes thick or bribing them with a little extra money to give her books that she usually wouldn't be able to read, but she also has been known to sneak into her father's library here and there. She does so this time but doesn't expect to run into you, one of her father's apprentices, in the process. You don't see the need to tell on her and even offer to share the book that you both have your sights on, but you have to think quickly when you hear the familiar voice of Scholar Shin growing closer.

❝ Comfort Zone ❞ | Joseon Era
⤠ female or male (one spot open, Sangmin (commoner class) or Cheonmin (lowest class), strictly platonic)
⤠ Bora comes from a well-off, privileged family with close ties to the crown. To say she grew up sheltered would be a major understatement. Now and then, she sees how the lower classes live or hears stories about them from workers in her family's estate, but she's never quite experienced the life. When she somehow makes friends with someone from a lower class, they decide to give her a realistic look at how life is for average lower-class citizens.

❝ A Friend in Me ❞ | Joseon Era
⤠ female (one spot open, former Yangban, strictly platonic)
⤠ After the untimely death of your family, Bora's family "kindly" take you in as one of the many estate servants. It's a very difficult adjustment period between your mourning and having to live a lifestyle you're completely unfamiliar with and Bora takes it upon herself to befriend you and make you as comfortable as possible given the circumstances.

❝ Long Lost Sibling ❞ | Modern Day
⤠ male/female (one spot open. younger than 24, strictly platonic)
⤠ Hana was given up by her parents when she was very young because they were young too and struggled to care for even themselves. By the time they found their footing in life, the orphanage that they gave her to told them that she'd been adopted. They struggled to move on from this devastation, but eventually had another child: you. After years of searching for her adoptive family and dozens of forum PSAs on the topic, compiling the little bits of information she has, she finally seems to find a promising lead when you contact her, citing similarities that seem too perfect to be fake.

❝ So Gae Ting ❞ | Modern Day
⤠ male or female (one spot open)
⤠ Hana doesn't have much of a mind for dating. It always requires small talk and putting your Best Foot Forward™ which sound like a lot of work for the woman who would rather spend hours in her studio perfecting current projects. But, she also can't leave someone hanging or let her friends down; so, when one of them has to skip out on a blind date, they beg Bora to go in their place so the poor boy/girl won't be stood up. It can't be that bad, she has to tell herself beforehand. She can get through it just fine. Right?

❝ Starry Night ❞ | Modern Day
⤠ male/female (one spot open)
⤠ When Hana can't sleep, she usually just does some research or work on a current project to tire herself out. This time, however, her mind is way too cluttered for cohesive thought or info retention and she doesn't even know why. In hopes to clear some of the clutter, she takes a walk to the convenience store near her apartment and you happen to be there as well. Yeah, the store is 24 hours but there's no real reason anyone needs to be there at 3 am. Maybe a little curious or maybe just gravitating to a kindred spirit, you two end up chatting.

❝ Old Friends ❞ | Modern Day
⤠ male/female (one spot open)
⤠ Bora was adopted at an age where she'd already built friendships with her peers so her leaving meant breaking up some fairly strong childhood bonds. The strongest in particular was with you and, after being adopted unexpectedly (for the two of you, at least), there's no time or mind to exchange information and keep in contact and you two lose touch. Years later, you're both adults either paving or having already paved your paths into the world when you happen across a familiar face one day in the middle of Seoul.
Magic 00%
No magic at all.
Technology 50%
Modern
Combat 20%
A peaceful setting, but with a chance for small fights and struggles to break out on a very small scale.
Romance 30%
Some romance is possible, but the overall plot is more important.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played one-on-one.

Yuepvr

Hey is this still open? I'm flexible with any plot, they all seem really interesting!
chrysopos Topic Starter

Yuepvr wrote:
Hey is this still open? I'm flexible with any plot, they all seem really interesting!

Yep, still open! Sorry for the late response lol but if you're still interested, PM me and we can talk things out ^^
Is the Long Lost Sibling slot open still? I could possibly use my character Aiden if you think he'll fit.
chrysopos Topic Starter

A_Little_Queer wrote:
Is the Long Lost Sibling slot open still? I could possibly use my character Aiden if you think he'll fit.

It is open! Unfortunately, this particular plot calls for someone Korean since it'd be a biological sibling. Hana was adopted, so she and Aiden could be adoptive siblings, but we'd have to come up with another plot entirely for that. If you're up for it, I am :)

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » A few 1x1 Reincarnation Rp Plots (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus