Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Inspiration Playlist

I know many here are writers, aspiring writers, artists, aspiring artists, and so on. =P The fact is that we all need that little thing that sometimes just picks up his bags and takes off in the middle of the night without notice: Inspiration.

So, for me, when I come up with a new interesting scene for my story, it's usually when I'm listening to music(not trying to come up with anything, just fantasizing with how awesome it would be if I finished my book) or in the shower(but I won't talk about that =P) Anyway, this song that inspires the scene suddenly turns into the song I'll play over an over when I'm writing the scene. All these songs together make this inpiration playlist/book soundtrack that I store in my head.

Here is it!

Happy and cheerful
Here's to never Growing Up -Avril Lavigne
Top of the World -Imagine Dragons
It's Time
Elle me Dit -Mika

Depressive
Demons -Imagine Dragoms
Safe and Sound - Taylor Swift

Party like
Lose Yourself To Dance -Daft Punk
Shots -LMFAO (A party scene yes =D)

Romantic
It's all about us -Owl City
She's so High -Tal Bachman
Kiss me Slowly -Parachute

The kind that when I listen to them I just HAVE to write something even if it's crap
Radioactive -Imagine Dragons
My Songs Know what You did in the Dark -Fallout Boys
Burn -Ellie Goulding
Bring me To Life -Evanessence/Linkin Park

And you guys? Let's discover more songs that could make it easier to find that inspiration we need =) Just post your creative time playlist here!
Personally, most of my inspiration involving music comes from listening to game soundtracks, most recent is Castlevania.
It depends on what I'm trying to write of course, but I have some defaults:

Action/battle- indestructible by disturbed, planet hell by nightwish

saddnes/darma- I Write Sins Not Tragedies by Panic! At The Disco, and animal i have become by three days grace

happy/salvation- Amazing grace and wavin flag by Ka'an

motivation/encoragement- Radio active by imagine dragons, and light em up by fallout boy

romance-Book of love by Peter Gabriel, and in the air tonight by Elton John

angry/rage-i hate everything about you by three days grace.

Odds and ends-falling for the first time by barenaked ladies, classy by classified, stutter by marianas trench, aand hey porsche by nelly.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Inspiration Playlist

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus