Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » The Unfortunate House Gauthier—1x1 med (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

chrysopos

EDIT: The main plot is spoken for, but the smaller plots at the bottom of the post are available!

And now a plot for one of my favorite characters/backstories that I never really got to explore like I wanted on other rping sites:

Aalis is the young and unfortunate viceroy suo jure of the Villeurgueux province. She sits on the throne as an avatar of the King in place of her brother and father who have disappeared and died, respectively. Gaining her title rather young, only once she felt her position and homeland secure enough, Aalis embarked on a personal mission to find her missing brother because of the incessant feeling in her gut that he is out there somewhere, alive and well. During diplomatic trips, she would search and ask around. In her free time, she would do the very same. Nearly a decade into her rule, Aalis still works tirelessly outside of her duties on the search for her missing brother. Over the years, she's had many leads, and she's traveled many paths, but all of them take her to dead ends. Despite still holding onto the feeling that the eldest child of the late Lord Gauthier is still alive and out there somewhere, Aalis is starting to lose momentum and the will to continue. Not wanting things to simply fizzle out, Aalis appoints an extended relative as temporary ruler to allow her the freedom embark on an uninhibited search for her brother. Be it for pre-existing loyalty, hopes for a reward, a taste for adventure, (or whatever other reason), Y/C has decided to join the viceroy suo jure on her personal quest. While trying to find her brother's location, or even a sure confirmation that he's passed so she can give him a proper send off and mourn properly, the small band begins to uncover a lot of secrets that were previously buried with her father that seem to link all the deaths and disappearances around the unfortunate House Gauthier ❞

This plot is open to just one person since I'm not comfortable with group plots (they stress me o u t (oh anxiété~) and I've had poor experiences in the past haha) but you can bring in up to two playable characters to create a small band of travelers (I'm working on another character of my own to add as well). We can even discuss and work in your characters' own goals and reasons for their participation in the quest into the plot. I know I have some twists/reveals that I'll be working towards so let me know if you want some for yourself. Sidenote: it's up to you how much info on these twists you'll share with me and also how much you'd prefer that I tell you (I, personally, like spoilers because it's the getting there that gets me exited lol). Just let me know what you prefer, but keep in mind that if I don't know about something, it should not have ANYTHING to do with my character(s). Let's just communicate to make sure we cross no lines. Also, I would love to start with just one of your characters joining Aalis and we can have our second PCs join the group at later points. It feels a bit more immersive in my opinion lol

As usual, I don't really like to plan romance. I think it should come naturally with character chemistry. To that end, anything rated will be treated the same BUT this is definitely not a requirement with a relationship. If things get to that point, we can write it out or imply. It's up to you as I'm flexible. Please keep that and the above in mind and let me know if you're interested in this plot. If you have questions, leave those too!

~ ❖ ~

Aaand if you're not quite up for this plot, I have a couple of simple filler/brief encounter plots (though they can be extended into bigger things if you'd like) that I'd thought of for Aalis a long time ago:

The Surprise Visitor

❝ It's exceedingly rare that someone from the main kingdom,—or other satellite territories, for that matter—comes to visit Villeurgueux. All communication is written memos sent via messenger, man or bird. This isn't for no reason, of course: Villeurgueux is the only territory of the kingdom that's on the other side of a sea, making for a journey even more arduous than usual. Still, for whatever reason, Y/C has made the long journey across land and sea to visit the lone territory with no notice. Though she's surprised by the sudden arrival, what sort of viceroy would Aalis be to not provide a personal welcome for such an important first-time visitor?❞

Down The End of a Blade

❝ More often than not, Aalis travels with a few guards and her lady-in-waiting for both safety and company; however, sometimes she goes alone. Because of her title and status as the only heir left to her province, she's very careful about her personal livelihood and takes full advantage of her sword training when needed. She has thousands of people to look after, after all. On one of her solo journeys, where she's decided to keep a low profile, Aalis's guard is especially up after word of bandits along the path she has no choice but to take. When Y/C innocently approaches her from behind, the tip of her blade is inches from their neck within seconds and they only have just as long to explain themselves to safety. ❞
Magic 50%
Magic is rare, but not unheard of. Mundane characters may or may not believe in it. Magical characters may form small and exclusive pockets for study, protection, etc.
Technology 30%
Renaissance
Combat 50%
Combat is expected as part of the storyline but it won't dominate the plot.
Romance 50%
Romance is desired but not required, and will balance evenly with other plot.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played one-on-one.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » The Unfortunate House Gauthier—1x1 med (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus