Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Crikey! Lookit this beauty. (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

... Although if you ever say that to her face she's liable to punch you.

I'm looking for an RP for my femsniper Bindi, preferably TF2 although I suppose I can leave the canon and just do a normal RP for once. It all depends. Yeah, romance is possible, if you're the type who finds a violent and sailor-mouthed girl attractive.

I'd prefer to stick to the canon (I can show you what TF2 is if you like!) although TF2 charries seem rather rare here, so I'll take anything. I just want to try her out.

So, anyone up for anything?
Claine Moderator

If you want more TF2 RP than you know what to do with, you need to take this to Tumblr. The moment my Spy was accepted into the group, I had about 10 people adding me and ICly welcoming me to the base. In comparison, I had a ad on RPR for MONTHS and got one response! There are so many people with well fleshed out characters and great writing abilities, you'll never have to look very far.

I know it's pretty daunting moving to an entirely different platform. Luckily, I had a friend to baby me through it, and I'm willing to help you.

(Unfortunately, you won't be able to use THIS character in the group. All the Sniper slots on both teams are completely full. But you have plenty of other characters that would work XD)
Miscellaneous Characters (played by LuciferBrimstone) Topic Starter

LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO ME, CLAINE XD I CAN'T STOP MAKING TF2 CHARRIES AND STUFF~

Not that that's a bad thing. I just find it hilarious since I haven't actually played the game yet I still love it dearly.

That's what I was thinking of doing. Rpr, sadly, is lacking in TF2 canon characters. Tumblr is probably my best shot. I would appreciate the help, ja xD

What exactly do I do there? Join a base or something? (I have no idea how tumblr works :P imma derp.)
Claine Moderator

Okay this is how it you do it
1) Create a blog for your character. Put their profile up on it! I'm sure you can manage this by yourself, but if you need any help customising, just let me know!

2) You can just RP without joining a group. I STRONGLY don't recommend this, however. All the worst RP I've had in YEARS was in the 2 weeks before Rémi got accepted into a group. I'm not talking just TF2 RP, RP in general! It's just that bad.

Oh gosh O.o that sounds quite ridiculous. I'll stay away from that, then xD

So a blog's like an account, but instead of me playing whoever, it's the character itself? The character has a separate account? (Does that even make any sense? :/ I'm bad at explaining stuff)

Ok, cool. If I need any help I'll definitely let you know. Thanks, Claine :3 you're the best.
Claine Moderator

Make sure you follow http://employee5091047.tumblr.com/ so we can RP! The group I'm part of is http://pl-upward-base.tumblr.com/

They require a few posts to be on your blog as part of your application, so we can just RP back and forth a few turns so you can familiarise yourself with the site and put some content on your blog.

Alright, that works. :3

I think I'll make one for Jason; I haven't actually been able to rp him yet, although I've been dying to 3: I almost had one here on rpr but it sorta fell through. I suppose we can work out how we're gonna get a RED and a BLU together?
Claine Moderator

I actually have a few plot ideas between RED spy and BLU engineer.

For example - RED spy is deep in BLU base and just moments away from intel. Sees the BLU Spy reading and while still disguised, ends up discussing literature / borrowing his book instead of carrying out the mission. They slowly become friends, but for a long time (days / weeks) the BLU Engineer thinks he's befriending a teammate and not a RED, until the Spy finally gets found out.

Aha O3o now that would be interesting to do. Little Jason would be so clueless xD

Ok, I made an account. Now what do I do? Which thing do I click on the dashboard to make a blog?
Claine Moderator

Alright, I'm pretty sure you press the little gear icon to bring up the settings menu. You'll be able to choose a blog name and URL from there.

Where's the gear?

It may be because I'm a mobile user but I only see a drop down that says 'dashboard' and has 'new post' 'following' 'likes' a thing I can't click on that says '- your one blog -' and one more thing that says 'untitled'.

Should I click one of those?
Claine Moderator

I guess 'untitled' is your blog. I don't think you have the ability to customise it from a phone. Will you have access to a computer sometime?

(Sorry, I actually left my phone at work. I can't look at it and check XD)

(That's ok)

... No, not really xD I only really use my phone for stuff, I don't have access to a computer-computer. I could potentially use a library computer but I have no idea when we're next going to the library. :P bah.

WAIT NVM

I FIGURED IT OUT! Apparently I was on the mobile view, I needed the desktop view, like what happens if you do YouTube off app on a phone! XD fail.

I now see a gear. I am so smrt
Claine Moderator

Awesome :D!

There is a Tumblr app and for general browsing, and posting it's SOOOOO much better than the website. I thought that's what you were using.

Lol no. I can't download the app since it says I have to be 17+ (I'm only 14, almost fifteen in like 5 days :P) but the mobile view is usually easier so I'll probably stick with that until I am 17. XD

Ok. I did stuffs on my profile. Now what?
Claine Moderator

Drop a link here so I can see what it looks like so far!

Well

There's this: http://jasonmcran.tumblr.com/

Was that what you were looking for?
(I gave the wrong link before :P)
Claine Moderator

Ignore Ignore

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Crikey! Lookit this beauty. (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus