Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Post Content Previews Showing Up White or Blank

Hi there - I just noticed this but now whenever I click on the "Preview" button to check the formatting of my posts, the formatting comes up as black and white instead of reflecting what it should look like in post (so the standard brown background with white text)

Here's a screenshot of what I mean:

Screen-Shot-2021-03-16-at-1-30-28-PM.png

Is there something off on my end or has it been like this for a while? I've tried it in two different browsers (Google Chrome and FireFox) but no changes. It isn't a huge deal when it comes to RP responses, but sometimes I like to format my posts in the Looking for RP forums! And while rare, on a few occasions I've had the pages come up completely blank even though there's wording in the Post Content area.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Remove this ad

I was confused why your background color is different, but I realised dark theme is a thing.
Well I know this might be way too simple of a solution and you might have tried already, but have you tried clicking on the Preview again when having problems? Sometimes I feel like it needs a refresher and that does the trick.
Isolus Topic Starter

rolywhateva wrote:
I was confused why your background color is different, but I realised dark theme is a thing.
Well I know this might be way too simple of a solution and you might have tried already, but have you tried clicking on the Preview again when having problems? Sometimes I feel like it needs a refresher and that does the trick.

You know, I hadn't even thought about the theme difference until you mentioned! But I just tried switching it to the lighter versions and it still shows up the same way, sometimes it's completely blank again. I also tried refreshing the Preview button, but still nothing. Even the formatting seems off now. I used quotes to respond back to test it and the preview isn't showing any of my bbcode...
Well then.. one other thing you could try is Ctrl+F5 (a more special reload of the web page). One other thing I have thought of is maybe reposting this issue in "Suggestions & Development"? I think it could get more traction there, since it's something development related, I guess.
Hi, Isolus my old pal!

This is actually just a part of the script and is the same way for me on Mobile, Windows, and Chrome OS. Like our friend roly mentioned, I think this would be better suited in the "Suggestions and Development" page because this doesn't seem to be an error, moreso maybe something that could be added.

Then again, I have no idea how the forums are built, this is just my suggestion!

The blank posts I too have seen and cannot offer any advice.
Isolus Topic Starter

rolywhateva wrote:
Well then.. one other thing you could try is Ctrl+F5 (a more special reload of the web page). One other thing I have thought of is maybe reposting this issue in "Suggestions & Development"? I think it could get more traction there, since it's something development related, I guess.
2pointO wrote:
Hi Isolus my old pal!

This is actually just a part of the script and is the same way for me on Mobile, Windows, and Chrome OS. Like our friend roly mentioned, I think this would be better suited in the "Suggestions and Development" page because this doesn't seem to be an error, moreso maybe something that could be added.

Then again, I have no idea how the forums are built, this is just my suggestion!

Hi again, Two! Thank you both for your help, I'll head over to the Suggestions and Development section.
Rogue-Scribe

I noted the change in the preview screen about a week ago as I use it extensively for RP replies. I actually like the white background as it shows hyperlinks much better than when it had the standard brown background. I don’t think it’s a problem, but I first noticed it when Kim was experimenting with the PM reply box memory.

If you believe it’s a problem, send in a bug report. The link for that is under the ‘Help’ menu.
Kim Site Admin

Sorry about that! This should be working correctly again as of this morning. :)
Isolus Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
Sorry about that! This should be working correctly again as of this morning. :)

Thanks, Kim!
will_poulter.jpg
You guys have previews?

Edit: forgot the eye button is a preview. Derp.

You are on: Forums » Help » Post Content Previews Showing Up White or Blank

Moderators: MadRatBird, Keke, Auberon, Sanne, Dragonfire, Ben